What's new

SOTD July 06 through July 12, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday

Schick 500 Injector / Chinese-made Schick-branded Injector blades / Kent BK4 / Art of Shaving Lavender shaving soap / Dickinson's WH / SCS Lavender Milk

• Hot Shower
• Merkur 38C Barberpole
• Derby Extra (4) - First time 4 shaves from a Derby :001_smile
• Aveeno SC (no time to whip up a batch today)
• Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur AS
• Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur Cologne (goin' retro today)

Quick 3 pass with Aveeno and some buffing. Results exceeded my expectations. BBS, except under chin, but still close.

Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil Soap
Valobra
Rooney 3/1
'55 Ball End Tech
Feather (1)
Aqua Velva
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Shower + Proraso Pre / Proraso SC / Simpson Chubby 1 Super / Progress / RP (1) / TGR Unscented ASB.

First shave with a DE in over a month. Super awesome shave, but it felt empty :tongue:

Showered hastily, slapped on some hair rinse to soften the beard, didn't have time for a glorious, relaxing lather, picked up a semi-soft bar of Dove, scrubbed in onto the beard, and a few minutes later with the help of a Merkur Futur, a new Gillette 7 o'clock blade, I was done. Finished it off with alum block and Arko Komando after-shave (latter two were purchased through Talumba on the Internet).

Not perfect, but remarkably good and certainly better than the Gillette goop. I'd do it again. The only drawbacks? The soap was a little on the thick side (wanted to keep the beard covered as if I'd lathered for real) and the Futur needed to be rinsed more than usual. :001_smile

Friday

• Soap:Tabac
  • Brush:Semogue 1305
  • Razor:Merkur HD Slant
  • Blade:7 O'Clock Black (Shave #1)
  • A/S: Thayers with peppermint EO followed by Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Good Friday afternoon all...

'73 Superspeed with 7 O'Clock yellow (7 or is it 8?)
Edwin Jagger BBB
Ingram sc
Thayers Original WH w/ aloe
444 asb
Alcolado Glacial splash
Czech & Speake No.88

After a day off from shaving, a menthol driven day in preparation for a good friend's surprise retirement party...A wonderful shave with the Ingram and '73 Superspeed/Perma Sharp combo (lately my favorite razor) followed by the 444 and Alcolado...topped off with the decidedly unmenthol Czech & Speake No.88. Now where's that Hawaiian shirt?

Merkur 23C | Personna Platinum Red | Rooney 2/1 Super | J.M. Fraser's SC | TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime AS | SCS Bay Rum With a Twist

day off work, shave before visiting the doctor for that procedure that men over 45 need to do once a year *ouch*... :eek:

53 Superpeed / Gillette 7'Oclock Yellow (day 4) / Nivea Extra Moisture Shave Cream / Thayer's / Booster's Polar Ice AS / Nivea ASB / L'Occitane Vetyver cologne

Have a good weekend.

Barry

38C
Gillette Swede (2)
Semogue 1305
Tabac SS
GFT Sandalwood skinfood

Excellent shave! Never tried a boarbrush before, and I loved it!

Merkur Futur with a 7AM
QED Select 20mm Best
Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food
Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne

Friday July 10, 2009

Hardware:
Brush: BBE
Blade: Red IP (1)
Razor: 69 O2 super adj.

Software:
Soap: SCS Orange Sherbet stick