BladeVoskhod, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragranceTom Ford Vanille Fatale, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C0AC187B-EED4-47BB-BC69-3F8CC82BCA0A.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Tabac.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Sensitive Disposable. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein Euphoria For Men Cologne.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Wed 27 Kamisori SR SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
This is a wonderful soap! Love the scent and the creamy and very slick lather too...
I'm enjoying this Kamisori razor even more. The edge feels really mild, smooth, and very comfortable but yet efficient. Very maneuverable and forgiving for a new straight razor. So far no blood has been spilled despite some mistakes. 3+1passess for a dfs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome.
20211027_142759.jpg

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 620
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
C991C7C9-EB60-48A3-8282-EE0D6BCD052A.jpeg

Trick or TREET?
I love my TREET razors, especially this one…because it’s blue. I can love a razor for any reason I like…and I like blue!
Seriously though, I had a seriously good shave. My GEM blade was on its fourth shave which means it has just passed through puberty into manhood. The peak of perfection.
For those of you that think a Treet baton is just another ASR rebranded GEM Junion Baton razor you would be wrong. If you look under the hood you’ll find that instead of the expected closed comb, it is sporting a Clog Pruf type safety bar.
6062F254-3EEA-44E8-B585-F7A26D5AA7C6.jpeg

Unfortunately my Razor rotation is so varied that I never get in enough back to back shaves to comment on which I like best. I’m pretty sure @Whiterook will pop up with his own Treet one of these days and his own personal incite.

7841FB75-1BA3-4C42-A72F-A37A148C8915.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2021

Really enjoyed my mug shave this morning. My Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 is an amazing shaver that I have sadly neglected. It handily cleared away my mug stubble in three passes. The brush my son made for me performed beautifully. The Silvertip Badger fan knot felt really good on both my mug and noggin as it spread the slick MWF lather across the shave surfaces. The Valet VC1 fitted with a new despined and modified Gem blade was just as capable following the mug shave and left my noggin smooth and clean after two ATG passes.

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Valet Autostrop VC1 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Platinum AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 27th, 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72 SS- Mfg 2021, excellent designed clamping system with the grooved safety bar also makes this razor one of my favorites(grail territory :001_wub: ). Makes for a nice shave when it comes up in the rotation. Easy going shaving.
Blade: Gillette Astra Super stainless(1) excellent, sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood- nice scent with some clove, with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 high mountain 2band silvertip , excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: WH cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm+ scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Astra SS blade.
SOTD, Oct 27.2, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom