SOTD-1947-GT-R_2021-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A super shave. :biggrin:

I dunno if it's due to sticking with the one soap and brush that's doing it, but my lathers are bordering on perfect these days. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Timeless TRBR38 Bronze
Blade: Personna Med Prep (6)
Brush: Shavemac H4414024 Horn 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: Prohibition Style
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Cream: Prohibition Style Capone's Bayrum
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum Butter
Aftershave: Extro Bay Rum Artigianale

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
019A4123-81ED-4E18-91E8-588EA4D4447B.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac tallow refill.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Sensitive Disposable. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Ecopure Man Soothing Aftershave Balm.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

SOTD : 30th October 2021.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Willy's Premium.( D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

Greetings,

' November Focus on one razor Month'

A new shave set up to start the Weekend....I haven't gave my Parker 98r a run out for a while, so for the remaining two days of October and the whole of November i will focus on using it pairing it up with a variety of subcontinent DE blades.

Maiden shave with the Willy's Premium which paired together with the Parker 98r very nicely with no issues making an efficiently smooth duo Indian razor & blade duo.

The Parker 98r was my first proper DE razor that i bought when i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving... Not long after that in the same month i bought the Muhle R89 and the Merkur 34C HD...However, since then i have infrequently used the 98r, so it will be good to reacquaint myself to this hefty efficient Indian made DE razor and give it some attention it rightly deserves.

After recently re reacquainting myself to the Cella Crema Da Barba shave cream my intention was to use it again today....However, after noticing the Vitos Vegetal shaving soap i went for the Vitos Vegetal another equally wonderfully 'Full On' vibrant sweet almond scented shaving soap to start my weekend off in style. If you like almond scented shaving products this soap will blow you always with it's fragrance performance and post shave feel...Superb stuff!

A very enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

My face & precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

OCtober Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade SuperShaver X New & 1st use
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus
Excellent lather from this soap. Rich, creamy and very slick...pleasant scent too!
A good razor and a good blade too. Very smooth and comfortable but perhaps not as efficient combo...hmmm. 3passes without issues for a dfs result. Aftershave was great...
20211030_073212.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Saturday, October 30, 2021.

Floïd pre shave oil. Scermonnikt,Soek, shaving soap. Barcelona Shaving Brush (BSB), SaponificionVaresino manchurian badger, special chrome-plated aluminum with titanium plating. Heinr. Böker & Co., 5/8 damascus stainless steel, carbon scales. Adqua di Parma, Mirra, EdC.

405D5E84-7B59-46F2-8F6B-CB710479D4A0.jpeg

768B73A3-C713-460A-853A-2F0DD2E70C42.png

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 30, 2021

The JR Boar #374 whipped up the two kinds of lather I enjoy for my shaves. The Castle Forbes Lavender really smelled great this morning. I was really in the mood for a lavender shave, and feeling lazy since I hadn’t prepared a straight last night. So I grabbed the Tedalus and loaded a fresh Feather Super. This barber’s razor just feels great in hand, and shaves my mug exactly like any of my best straights. Two passes followed by some focused neck buffing and flatblading left the mug dolphin smooth.

Since there’s only two dome shaves left for OC October, I decided to finish the month off with my two favorite Gillette OC’s. Today’s noggin shave featured my Gillette New Standard. While not a Gillette TTO fanboy, by any means, I do enjoy shaving with their original Old Type (OT). But my absolute favorite Gillettes are any of their New series models that followed the OT. That particular head design works well for me, and never fails to deliver a top tier, barber’s grade dome shave as it did this morning. Two ATG passes and I was velveteen smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Tedalus Essence (Mug), Gillette New Standard (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Boar #374
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme and Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1354669
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 30, 2021

The JR Boar #374 whipped up the two kinds of lather I enjoy for my shaves. The Castle Forbes Lavender really smelled great this morning. I was really in the mood for a lavender shave, and feeling lazy since I hadn’t prepared a straight last night. So I grabbed the Tedalus and loaded a fresh Feather Super. This barber’s razor just feels great in hand, and shaves my mug exactly like any of my best straights. Two passes followed by some focused neck buffing and flatblading left the mug dolphin smooth.

Since there’s only two dome shaves left for OC October, I decided to finish the month off with my two favorite Gillette OC’s. Today’s noggin shave featured my Gillette New Standard. While not a Gillette TTO fanboy, by any means, I do enjoy shaving with their original Old Type (OT). But my absolute favorite Gillettes are any of their New series models that followed the OT. That particular head design works well for me, and never fails to deliver a top tier, barber’s grade dome shave as it did this morning. Two ATG passes and I was velveteen smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Tedalus Essence (Mug), Gillette New Standard (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Boar #374
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme and Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.
Great photo, Jeff! And, as always, an engaging narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom