What's new

👍👎😱❤️ SOTD "GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE WEEK" October 23rd to 29th, 2023 💩😍🤬🫶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, October 27, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Saponificio Varesino 1945, Manna di Sicilia: Shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Simpson, Chubby 2, best badger. Radium nº 50, M. Fontenille 134. Adqua di Parma, Ambra, EdC.

IMG_5967.jpeg

Forgot to post yesterday

SOTD: 10/26/2023

Razor: Yates Merica
Blade: Big Ben, 1st use
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Preshave: PAA Enigma Machine CUBE 2.0
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Myrsol Formula K
Balm: PAA Immortal Peach Star Jelly
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris EdT​
IMG_6145.jpeg

9.75 out of 10, perfect shave

IMG_1482.JPG

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Topaz Platinum
Brush: Omega 48
Cream: Australian Palmolive
Aftershave: Australian Brut After Shave Lotion

The items I am trying again today are the Australian Palmolive cream and the Topaz Platinum blade.
Palmolive used to make cream and stick in Australia, but both ceased production in 2016 (IIRC). I got this tube right around the time it was discontinued. I only used it once as the cream was somewhat chunky/grainy, and I don't know if that was usual or if it was an old tube, and it didn't perform great, so the cream sat in the corner of the cupboard. After using it today, I think the main reason it didn't work great was simply under-hydration on my part, it worked much better today with adding more water. It had very little scent, perhaps it's faded over time. Since production in Australia stopped, the Palmolive cream available in local stores is now Italian made, which I think is a much better product anyway. Previously the only place I've found Italian/European made Palmolive was $2 shops and import stores, so in a way I'm glad it's easier to get now and I don't lament the loss of Australian production too much (although the stick is still no more).
The Topaz Platinum blades where found "in the wild" (a corner store) years ago, and I got a ten pack of them. I only tried one or two of them but didn't like them. Trying them again today was a similar experience, tuggy and loud, and not the closest shave. No weepers though, and only a little irritation, but I'll attribute that to human error. I wonder if they are thicker than other blades, they feel thicker holding them, but I have no way of measuring. I don't think I'll use these any more.
At least the Brut is good!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8142.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Heriditas Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette New Improved.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) France: Aftershave Balm Gillette Sensitive Skin Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

SOTD: 28th October 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Proraso Sandalwood ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently resulting in a enjoyable face & head shave with no errors to report. The FaTip Grande is becoming a firm favourite again.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso Sandalwood ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 28
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin
Razor Ribbon 1000
A very satisfying & enjoyable soap, brush & matching splash combination. The cooling sensation is just nice, the scent is good and the lather was terrific! This razor with a smooth and crisp edge provided a very good shave too...
20231028_115600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom