Omega badger brush
Friedellko 5/8" "Wednesday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Pashana aftershave

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, June 7th 2023

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>, mid range, excellent design, machining and finish are excellent QC. Excellent razor to work under the nose area and overall a excellent razor. I seem to get some of the best shaves with my Lupo.72 and very reasonably priced IMO.
Blade : Personna red(4) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice clean scented soap (slightly mentholated) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Personna red blade.
SOTD May June 7 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

7 June, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Zenith EURO/RX
Soap: Reef Point Soaps: Tranquility
Fragrance: Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery

Holy moly... I'd actually forgotten how good Reef Point Soaps are/were... I'm that impressed that I'm putting it back into my regular rotation.. Phenomenal shave.

IMG_5074.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (1969 O-4 gold)
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (d1)

Lather: Elysian Soap Shop Pineapple Ambrosia
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Elysian Soap Shop Pineapple Ambrosia

Oh, what a glorious shave. This Pineapple Ambrosia software just smells divine. I swear the scent haunts me but in a good way. It's a brilliant gourmand at its finest.

With scent notes of sliced pineapple, jasmine blossom, sweet lime, young coconut, earthy vetiver, and a hint of mint, you can see what I mean when I say it's divine. It's sweet but not cloying and is both delicate and complex at the same time. If you like pineapple, and really who doesn't? You will love this stuff!

I broke out my beautiful gold Super Adjustable for this shave and paired it with a new BiC Chrome Platinum blade. It felt good to use a vintage razor, especially a favorite of mine, after a full month of modern razors for May.

I did a three-pass shave starting on 8 then dropping to 5 for the remaining two. I was pretty willy-nilly with my razor so I ended up with some irritation but overall I can't complain when the result is a bbs face.

I finished things up with some matching witch hazel aftershave and really enjoyed its wonderful skin-nourishing ingredients. Some of those being Aloe Vera, Vit. E, Marshmallow Root Extract, and Hyaluronic Acid.

I normally go for alcohol aftershaves and would have loved that version in this instance but when I went to source this aftershave the alcohol variant was sold out. Either way, the important bits are the same so I'm cool with that.

Alright, friends. Thanks for reading and enjoy your shaves.

Last edited:

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D4)
Brush: Omega EVO Synthetic 28mm Special Veteran
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: MAOL & Grooming Dept FrankinLime
Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave: MAOL FrankinLime

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
FE424F92-D371-4CBF-B8E8-3F611FCE4B41.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Euphoria For Men.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 8th June 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Denim Original ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A close comfortable shave 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report to finish my shaving week off in style. The 40's Gillette Tech has been a joy to use throughout my shaving week.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, June 8th 2023

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation or (V2) Mellon head, polished 316 SS with a Yaqi Tear drop 316 SS polished handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range + excellent machining and nice finish QC. Dual comb for excellent lather reaching surface of skin. I really like the audio feed back on this razor, it has a sizzling sound as the whiskers are being snipped. Had a excellent close shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(1), sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade of my top 6.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice clean unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" high mountain silvertip 3band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper =:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Mellon head 316SS with a Gillette Perma sharp blade.
SOTD May June 8 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom