Merkur 42C "1904" Closed Comb
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (7)
Maggard Razors Alum Block
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD6-5-23.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

Razor: Heritage Collection Shaving Gibbs 15 Adjustable Replica (black anodized)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (d7)

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock
Lather: Stirling Soap Company Faskally
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1 (23mm)
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone 3-Pass

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Faskally
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Faskally

First, shave with this Gibbs Replica and I have to say it was a good one. This little razor is sturdy and top-heavy, which makes sense considering its short handle, but overall felt good in my hand.

I had fun experimenting with this razor's adjustability. I ended up finding a nice aggressive gap to get my blade feel fix with but did play with some less aggressive gaps for my follow-up passes.

With the absolutely stunning Faskally soap and this practically perfect Gibbs Replica razor, I walked away with a fantastic bbs shave. The Trafalgar T1 contributed admirably to this great shave and worked just fine despite its smaller stature.

Overall I'm very happy. Faskally smells amazing! It's a true banger! No doubt. And the razor, brush, and bowl all were superb in my opinion. I couldn't all for more. Except, I would love to try one of the XL long-handle Replicas, but that's whatever at this point seeing as I don't have access to one.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your shaves.

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE Boar 24mm
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5" Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Balm: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Santal Auster

SOTD: 6th June 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin shaving soap.
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome)- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2.)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave, (Pre 60th Birthday Shave.)

I have said this in many of my posting that the Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin soap is an incredible shaving soap. like all of the Haslinger soaps i've tried it doesn't get top marks for it's fragrance but My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to the ingredients, the post shave feeling from it is absolutely superb.

A enjoyable early comfortable pre 60th birthday face & head shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
52C96AFE-D772-43B4-AACE-5300A6900CF9.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

Tue 6
Soap & Aftershave Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Love the scent & cooling sensation from this cream & splash. Nice enough lather from the excellent brush.
The razor was refreshed on the HBA and the resulting shave was very enjoyable. 3 buttery smooth and keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230606_151443.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 (US$21 including strop) off diamond pasted balsa, Palmolive regular cream (US$2) face lathered with a Chinese guaranteed pure best badger synthetic brush (US$3). All prices are current, new and include shipping to AU.

IMG_20230606_074057.jpg

A very satisfying and enjoyable shave was had.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, June 6th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Zephier, Mfg 2023, mild range, finish and accuracy is great for my shaving needs, I like to use a Kai extra wide blade in this razor for my preference. Easy small window angle to find and one of my smoothest razors I own. Might be a great razor for some one learning or a seasoned shaver with sensitive skin issues. Very nimble and quick to roam the face IMO.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(6) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco(slightly mentholated)with a nice fresh clean XXX scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. One of my best badgers for handle and knot, great for general shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Zephier razor with a Kai SS extra wide.
Very quick and enjoyable shave this morning.
SOTD May June 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom