Shave Soap: Catie's Bubbles Bailey's Irish Coffee
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7F09CB5E-68D0-446F-95C0-84BE85D80C23.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) USA: Soap Captain’s Choice North sample.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) USA: Aftershave Balm Captain’s Choice North Aftershave Balm sample.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD : 13th September 2020.

22.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Nivea Men Originals Shave Cream.

Blade: Centwin ~ SP. (2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 phase ASL + Body Shaving Anti Irritation ASL.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A near 'Nivea Men' shave. The 'Originals' cream is superb, only a small almond size amount was needed to create a wonderful slick lather, which was more than enough for my shave.

The humble in-expensive WS Classic razor is such smooth comfortable shaver pairing together wonderfully with the efficient Centwin sp blade on it's second outing, making a superb razor & blade combo.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Anti Irritation ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sunday SOTD - A Luxurious DFS Shave 🪒 with some “retro” touch to it!

Spoiler alert
- Today’s shave was using a cartridge razor so anyone who is absolutely AGAINST a cartridge razor use please spare the balance details!

I am planning to change my shaving regimen. Rather than shaving consecutive on Tuesday and Wednesday I plan to shave consecutive on Sunday and Monday going forward which was my old regime for a 4 day shave in a 7 day week (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday). Also while I was enjoying my long weekend I decided to clean up my shaving den and there I identified one of the classiest yet rather old razor and probably one of THE BEST cartridge razors Gillette used to manufacture - A Gillette Sensor Excel (2000 model) along with the beautiful stand they used to offer. Sensor was my first cartridge razor and I loved it so very much with only one problem the blades were damn costly. Then came the Mach 3 and the oldest Mach 3 I had was an import from US during 2007 and still had the old heavy metal handle and the finest 3 blade mechanism! And then the cartridge revolution took fast pace in India with many manufacturers producing 3, 4, 5, 6 blade garbages! Tried them all and finally returned to DE wet shaving.

Pre Shave - Face wash using Mama Earth face wash with charcoal & walnut extracts along with Warm water
Brush - Edwin Jagger imitation Tortoise Shell handle synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream
Razor - Gillette Sensor Excel (for shave) & Parker 89R for final touch up
Blade - Gillette Sensor/Vector 3 on Sensor Excel & Astra SP on 6th use loaded on 89R
Post Shave - Running cold water splash (No alum today)
Aftershave - Hawkins & Brimble Aftershave Balm

This sensor excel I used today was the last cartridge handle I had bought 3 years back, this is a year 2000 manufactured beauty made in Spain and had bought from EBay. The razor has a nice metal handle yet not a light weight razor and had come with 2 sensor excel cartridges. Those were the days where I had returned to DE Wet shaving but used to use this during travelling.

Also to update I was never into 100% cartridge shaving at any given time. I always had a DE razor with me. Initially the DE razor was only used for sizing the side burns & for touch ups at the end of a 2 pass shave (exactly how I shaved today). Gradually when I started moving to Wet shaving using traditional razors, I used to use DE for the first pass and then this sensor excel for the 2nd pass and finally the DE razor again for the final touch ups. Finally for last 1 year I have only been using the DE razors and broke that chain today!

Since I did not have sensor excel cartridges used a cheaper sensor 3 (or vector 3 as it is sold in India). The blades were not as smooth as Sensor Excel blades and there was a drag especially in the first pass. The glide smoothened in the 2nd pass post which used the DE razor for final touch ups at neckline, chin area and upper lip to achieve a DFS. Stopped there as I intend to shave again tomorrow.

Overall a good 2 pass + touch up shave. Received the aftershave today only and decided to use it pairing with the cream. The fragrance of the aftershave is similar barbershop 💈 like albeit a little milder than the shaving cream. The mild fragrance lasts really long as I can still smell the same after 2 hours and has excellent soothing and moisturising properties. A must try for all who have sensitive skin.

Today’s shaving regime was more for people who have sensitive skin and do not want to shave just with a DE/straight razor. They can use a DE razor only for touch ups or for 1st pass and touch ups and introducing a cartridge razor for in between passes. This will also ensure the cartridges run for a much longer time thereby not being too heavy on pocket.

Next shave is due tomorrow.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

E87DC555-1395-4D21-9803-18F96E92B7B8.jpeg
59648D01-F111-49C6-ADB8-055087826E19.jpeg
81AE001F-5DD4-446B-9ED9-FD48ADBA3299.jpeg
2CA38275-A206-440B-862D-9F24497CC48C.jpeg

Last edited:
Sun 13 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Superr Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Excellent lather from the evergreen soap. Thick creamy with nice scent and cooling sensation. Slickness was ok.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ooohhhh so smooth. Sharply efficient but very comfortable ...never so before.
Possibly due to taking the time to aligning the blade correctly. Wonderful 3+1 passes with BBS results! No weepers. Cooling postshave followed by soothing aftershave. Rating 9.8/10!
20200913_002000.jpg

20200913_121403.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom