What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 3rd - September 9th, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 8th September 2018.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap./Bloom water face wash.

Brush: Omega ~11047 "Mixed Midget".

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Classic shaving Soap .

Blade: Zorrik SP.(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S.

Morrisons~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Over the past few months without me realizing until recently, i've been stuck in my comfort zone and only been using certain shaving gear,resulting in me neglecting shaving items that can give equally the same results..I've started the weekend off with using my Fatip Grande paired up with the Zorrik SP blade which resulted in a excellent 3 pass + pick ups comfortable 'DFS' with no errors to report.

The Fatip grande is an efficient lady, but giving the respect she rightly deserves,'Like any other DE razor aggressive or non-aggressive'along with good preparation & technique you'll be rewarded with some excellent shaves.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Morrisons~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD - Saturday 08 September 2018

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Feather - AS-D2
  • Blade: Feather - Black
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - Theodore Blood of Kings LE B3 - 27mm Fan (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Rossa

Friday Night SOTD

ATT Windsor C R / Gillette Super Platinum
Omega Pro 49
Lakewood Solar Eclipse Shave Soap
Acqua di Selva ASL & EdC

proxy.php

2018-09-08

Japanese rice bowl ¤ SafetyRazors Silvertip ¤ 6/8" George Johan
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Príncipe Real Cream, Aftershave & EDT

proxy.php

Monday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver
Brush: 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap: Mike's Natural
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / RazoRock Aftershave Wax

the Weber/Wizamet Polsilver gave a wonderfully smooth, BBS shave... this blade could well end up being my fave for the Weber... 'Papa Chub' is always a pleasure to use.. Simpsons Manchurian, and 2 Band really are in a class of their own.. a fantastic start to my week.

Friday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Lisa's Natural: Orange clove
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

the Merkur/Super Iridium gave an outstanding shave, with Lisa's Natural (old version) providing the lather... and I must admit, that I'm very tempted to give the new soaps a whirl, after such an impeccable performance.

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Bulgari Man in Black
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Thater Silvertip-26mmx55mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Man in Black

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Bulgari Man in Black today. 20 seconds to load Thater Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Man in Black aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Pre: shower
machine: maggard V3A head with UFO + Astra green
brush: BSB-2 Silvertip
soap: B&M Latha Sandalwood
splash: AP Reserve LAvioletta
EdP: AP Reserve Lavioletta

proxy.php

Quite warm and sunny day, improved with a nice shave on the morning ended up smelling so damn good!

Saturday, September 8
proxy.php

Stirling Glacial Wintergreen~~Vie-Long Beehive~~Feather AS-D2~~Polsilver SI (1)~~B&M Cool AS
Have a great day!

IMG_1515.jpg

Hot shower prep w/ Noxema preshave
Ever-Ready Brush w/ Golden Nib Premium Badger knot
Stirling Executive Man soap
Rex Ambassador razo set at #3 w/ Astra SP blade
Proraso Green after shave

9/8/18
Reef Point "Dragon's Blood"
Vie-Long 13052
5/8 Boker "Warrior"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
RazoRock Alum Stick
Pitralon
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Montblanc "Starwalker"
SOTD9-8-18.jpg

Ikon MR SE
Kai protouch blade
Yaqi Mew brown synth
Vintage Erasmic stick

Alovera gel
3P post shave cream
Vintage Old Spice AS

IMG_20180908_170916410_HDR~3.jpg

09/09/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Daisygirl Soaps - Citrus Spice Goats Milk Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Crown King Pineapple Bay Rum Shave Soap
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Ever Ready 1912 Razor
Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 11th Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Homemade Lime Infused Witch Hazel
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Bay Rum Aftershave Tonic
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Pumpkin Bay Rum Star Jelly - Zero Clove
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Formula

B IMG_0942.jpg

Noble Otter Soap Co. | Kaboom!
Island Bladeworks "Stoya" | Elite Razor Manchurian
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

I regret waiting this long to experience Noble Otter's products. There is just an overwhelming array of artisans on the scene, Noble Otter just hadn't made it to my radar. Fortunately, a fellow wet shaver gave me a heads-up regarding this limited release, and I snagged a set.

If I understand correctly, the artisan acquiesced to a small faction of followers who were pining for a dupe of Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb EdT. While the quaint hand-drawn modification of their label intended for the unscented offering, "Bare", is charming, it's my understanding moves are being made to have more professional labels for future limited offerings.

Speaking of presentation, the container is a standard rigid 89 mm Parkway polypropylene tub holding approximately 4 oz. of product topped with a matching threaded lid. The satin-finish waterproof labels are straight and devoid of blemish or bubbles. The art is crisp and the text is easy to read. The overall design is both classy and whimsical, the focal point of which obviously being the austere otter. In the regular offerings, the otter's attire is reportedly indicative of the respective fragrance. Perhaps it's been done elsewhere, but this aspect is reminiscent of Zoologist's scheme. My only critique would be that the actual Noble Otter brand name and stylized logo is small and somewhat difficult to feature in a SOTD photograph unless one employs a macro shot. Of course, the understated text is probably by-design in keeping with the formal presentation. The aftershave splash is the standard 4 oz. glass amber apothecary bottle with ribbed threaded black lid that was secured with a break-away safety seal.

Off the tub, the scent strength is quite light, but it essentially doubles (I refuse to say "explodes") upon lathering, opening with a fresh spicy clean resin topped by a lemony citrus enveloped by a rounded floral that stops just short of rose. The fragrance warms up with time revealing a leathery tobacco with wisps of cinnamon, never becoming heavy. The paired splash presents similarly, but certainly sharper bergamot in the opening. The spiciness is more distinct in the splash, and this phase obviously lasts longer before warming up. The leather and tobacco, while still present in the splash's dry down aren't as easily separated suggesting a skilled blending. After about three hours, I begin to lose the fragrance just as the cinnamon steps in. There is also a final smoky sweetness in the vanilla realm. I think I went nose blind at the four-hour mark because I could no longer detect it, but my wife did.

I have no experience with target fragrance, so I can't speak to the accuracy. I did, however find it to be pleasant enough that I'm entertaining the thought of picking up a bottle of the Spicebomb EdT or the "Extreme" variant EdP. My limited research suggests the two versions do differ in more than strength, so if someone can tell me which fragrance more closely matches Kaboom!, I'd appreciate it.

In terms of performance, if not for the thirst, this beef tallow base could pass for a Talbot shaving creation, loading and lathering in a very similar nature. Noble Otter functions with moderate hydration, yielding a voluminous thick lather similar to high-butter vegan bases like that of PAA's Crown King base. However, if you stop here, there is a bit of spackling which is a good indicator that more water will optimize it. Prior to the shave, test palm lathers proved this base can handle a fair bit of water thereby achieving elite levels of slickness, so I proceeded to push the water for the head and face lathering. Slickness is competitive with any soap I've tried. Residual slickness takes that up a notch more such that long sweeping scalp passes were easily obtained on residual slickness alone. Being a shower shaver, I'm less concerned with where the lather falls, but with this kind of slickness, my carelessness made the all metal Schick injector a little precarious to hold on to. This is incredible slickness despite my hard water.

The post shave is also similar to Talbot's and Catie's Bubbles' jojoba bases. That is to say, the post shave is spectacular, requiring no post-product whatsoever. Thus the splash was simply about continuing the experience. I was surprised with how the splash was distributed. Using only a couple in my palm to spread on my dome and face, my hand glided as if the splash were mostly oil. I anticipated at least some degree of greasiness, but instead, it soaked right in leaving a silky smooth, natural feel. I searched the ingredients for something like glycerin, but it's not there. This surprising slickness could be attributed to reconstitution of the soap base, but I thoroughly rinse in the shower and towel dry before I apply aftershave, so I fine that to be unlikely.

Ultimately, this was a perfect shave both in terms of enjoyable fragrance and high-level performance.

8-9-2018

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Chesire :: Razorock 400 :: Oneblade, Feather :: Epsilon, Blue

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

AFAC34B3-C9E5-49BC-A995-3D6053F88946.jpeg
Gillette New SC replated by Chris Spencer at Back Roads Gold in Rhodium
Stirling Soaps - Executive Man w/ matching AS
Wild West Brushworks - Elway - 26mm Tuxedo
Fresh Personna Blue

Three pass BBS glory...

Sunday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Executive Shaving Company Claymore SE
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D8)
Brush: DaVinci UOMO 293
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Conca d’Oro
Aftershave: Florida Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom