Not open for further replies.
Tuesday Night

EJ DE86
Nacet (5)
Omega Boar
Cella
Proraso Red AS

Ah INTENSE shave tonight.
Close, comfortable, fabulous BBS result. Incredible! This is a perfect combo. The real deal. Nacet and Edwin Jagger. Like Adam and Eve. Made perfect with the unbelievable Cella. And finished up with the sweet potency of Proraso Red. Fabulous simply fabulous. I am quite pleased!

Williams Wednesday, Williams puck in a vintage Old Spice mug courtesy of my friend @BigD , A Van Der Hagen boar brush, a fine accoutrements lather bowl, Rockwell 6S plates 4 and 2 with a Dorco Titan blade, shave #5, topped off with some Aqua Velva.
Lather 923.jpg
Shave 923.jpg

Williams Wednesday, Williams puck in a vintage Old Spice mug courtesy of my friend @BigD , A Van Der Hagen boar brush, a fine accoutrements lather bowl, Rockwell 6S plates 4 and 2 with a Dorco Titan blade, shave #5, topped off with some Aqua Velva. View attachment 1158795View attachment 1158796
Looking good. Seems we had very similar shaves today;
Williams Wednesday went Full Williams;
proxy.php

proxy.php

Wed 23 SOTD
Soap Cella
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Voskhod 4th (Elios Inoxidable 10th)
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Cella Balm + Polo EDT
The soap gives very good lather quality & performance but just too mild scent to my nose. Thick, creamy & slick though!
Shave with razor paired with blade for first few strokes was uncomfortable...it was skipping and pulling. Replaced the blade immediately to a well-used Elios and wow...huge difference!
3 smooth and comfortable passes with this excellent blade. Avoided weepers and irritation. Good bbs to dfs result. Post & aftershave was terrific...
Rating 9.5/10
20200922_191028.jpg

20200923_072805.jpg

Wednesday's Shave

Rating: 4 / 5

Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable [settings 5,7,5]
Blade: 7am Hi Platinum Durablade
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Lather: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol

Additional Care:
cold water splash
Alum Block
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
Nivea Men Original Post-Shave Balm
English Laundry Notting Hill EDT

sotd 9-23-2020.jpg

sotd 9-23-2020[3].jpg

sotd 9-23-2020 [2].jpg

Wednesday, 9/23:

20200923_084401.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15 hollow
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Some Making Required "Purple Galaxy" 26mm Maggard SHD
Soap - Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

I think the hollow WRH2 is the one for me. I wouldn't say the solid handle was cumbersome; it's got a solid, pleasant feel, but I just like this one a little better. The GSB wasn't as good as the Astra, but was still OK. Great brush, great lather. Another incredibly smooth shave in the books!

Wed shave 1.jpg

Today’s soap is Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap: tallow formula. This soap has been in my rotation for several years now. The razor is the Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.05 mm with a Personna Medical Prep blade for the third shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane aftershave balm. After a shower, the fragrance is Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom