Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: P.160 Tipo Duro
Aftershave: Floid Blue

That pic is just so cool.

Patti

Here are my Thu. Fri. Saturday night Shaves wit the NEW PAA DOC 'ASCENSION' - This one is a aluminum razor with a Ball Tip (just like Gillette Tech's but fatter). I have the PAA DOC. The Cheap Chinese Yaqi DOC (typical China made product that is a rip off of American made products / that is what china does best, rip off American products). Now I understand the DOC is copy of a old and very hard to find Safety Razor but PAA was the first to resurrect the ingenious Double Open Comb design. 1st Yaqi, than RazoRock decided to do there own DOC's. Well PAA now has the ultimate DOC! IMHO this is the best.. The price is really good, there is NO overhang - long cap, and yes you can adjust the aggression, its not a numbered adjustable - but its a simple adjustable. you get a 1/4 play to adjust the aggression - so if it is really tight its mild - if its slightly snug enuff where it wont move than its more aggressive. I love this razor! such a ez and efficient bbs, also its Aluminum & I personally like and enjoy a lighter razor - yes a heavy solid stainless steal razor is cool and manly , but I don't really need that extra weight.

here are the last 3 night shaves --->
Thursday night -->

Friday night -->

Saturday Night -->

Lately, only put some wild pork in the freezer. No bobcats, coyotes, or foxes the past few months.

Friday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap Woody Lavender
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip-24mmx52mm
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

LASS Woody Lavender today. 20 seconds to load the Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Platinum in the Gillette Red Tip Super Speed. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Fine Platinum aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php
I read that the "wild boar" population has exploded and is out of control. Is it open season for hunting them? I really hope so … Also, I read and see that it is really difficult to kill one, the bullets will bounce off there skulls? I know when I helped slaughter farm pigs with my grandfather we had to pin them down on a bench and "stick" there throat with a big ol' blade... The domestic pig is a tough customer - I cant imagine how mean and strong a wild boar is!

09/15/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Disney Resorts H2O+ Sea Salt Facial Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Hybrid CUBE Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Shaving Soap - Summer Seasonal!
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
The New Schick Razor Magazine Repeating Razor Co. Type B2 (1927-1932)
Schick Injector Blade - 6th Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Meta Nectar Intergalactic Attar Aftershave / Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Star Jelly Aftershave - Mentholated - Summer Seasonal!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Natural Deodorant - Extra Sport Strength

View attachment 912418
I LOVE THAT SHAVE!!!!!!!! META Nectar at 1st did not amaze me - and I found it different - but after a few times this totally unique scent has become one of my favorites! I cant explain it - but I LOVE This scent that lasts all day.. The banana soap and balm is also FAV! and it goes PERFECT with the Meta ! also Solstice ! I love how u used the Disney Sea Salt Soap!! I was there for 7 nights last summer - and YES every day I put the soap in my bags and left the resort with a dozen or more Sea Salt soaps - its the least they can do for the dough I spent that week! but it awesome!! Now the Banana CUBE is so friggin Slick! my best pre shave soap for slickness and it has POWERFUL scent of banana - that banana oil is really magical stuff

09/16/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Daisygirl Soaps - Citrus Spice Goats Milk Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Crown King Pineapple Bay Rum Shave Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Schick Injector E2
Schick Injector Blade - 1st Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Homemade Lime Infused Witch Hazel
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Bay Rum Aftershave Tonic
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Pumpkin Bay Rum Star Jelly - Zero Clove
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Formula

B IMG_0983.jpg

I LOVE THAT SHAVE!!!!!!!! META Nectar at 1st did not amaze me - and I found it different - but after a few times this totally unique scent has become one of my favorites! I cant explain it - but I LOVE This scent that lasts all day.. The banana soap and balm is also FAV! and it goes PERFECT with the Meta ! also Solstice ! I love how u used the Disney Sea Salt Soap!! I was there for 7 nights last summer - and YES every day I put the soap in my bags and left the resort with a dozen or more Sea Salt soaps - its the least they can do for the dough I spent that week! but it awesome!! Now the Banana CUBE is so friggin Slick! my best pre shave soap for slickness and it has POWERFUL scent of banana - that banana oil is really magical stuff

Jamie the Banana is so good it is also my son's favorite. I bought him his own cube, star jelly and soap. I even threw in the T shirt for fun. The scent is dead on and the slickness is outstanding. BTW I did the same when we left Disney - I actually have a box of soaps myself! Peace buddy.
Steve

Sunday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: SR-71 Slant
Blade: Super Iridium (D7)
Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: P.160 Tipo Duro
Aftershave: Floid Blue
Excellent pic.

Razor: Ikon X3 with Gillette 7 o'clock Black blade
Brush: Wildwest Brushworks with 26mm Maggards Silvertip badger
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Kennedy
AS: Shaveworks The Cool Fix
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: September 16, 2018

Prep: Warm shower w/Nivea Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Eucalyptus
Soap: Barrister & Mann Barrister’s Reserve Cool (sample)
Brush: PAA The Green Ray Hybrid Tribble Synthetic 24/57mm
Razor: Schick Type C2 Repeating closed comb
Blade: Vintage Schick (1)
Post Splash: Thayer Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave: Barrister & Mann Barrister’s Reserve Cool

After Shave Balm: Nivea Men Sensitive

2018-09-16-23-28-38.jpg

I read that the "wild boar" population has exploded and is out of control. Is it open season for hunting them? I really hope so … Also, I read and see that it is really difficult to kill one, the bullets will bounce off there skulls? I know when I helped slaughter farm pigs with my grandfather we had to pin them down on a bench and "stick" there throat with a big ol' blade... The domestic pig is a tough customer - I cant imagine how mean and strong a wild boar is!

There is no season on them. You just need a Hunting License. They are tough, but with good shot placement, they are not too hard to put down. ........and most of them taste great too!

Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Reef Point Submariner
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Reef Point Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Submariner today. 20 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Platinum still in the Gillette Red Tip Super Speed. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

That's from Yesterday:

Pre: nothing
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.68 + Astra green
Brush: BSB2 Silvertip
cream: Musgo real Lime Basil
splash: B&M Seville (almost to be finished)
EdP: APR Fresca, not included in the picture

proxy.php

I heard a lot from this brand (being a portuguese brand makes it quite common in spanishs shaves) and it works pretty well, indeed. But the scent I was expecting from the name was a bit different. I got more basil, while I was thinking on a summer scented cream. Nice, too, but I don't know why, I was expecting something menthol-vitamined and more summery :)

Regarding the razor head, I almost went to doublecheck if there was a blade inside. That's a smooth crafted stuff!!!

The post and EdP were chosen thinking in a more citrus-summerry scented cream, but any way, they made a great job.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom