20201028_111520.jpg

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian
Soap: Tabac Stick
Razor: Hoffritz Slant
Blade: Lord Platinum
Aftershave: Tabac Eau De Cologne

05227172-1B15-4FF5-B94C-5CEDAAB76150.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 2020

Took my newly acquired Shumate 5/8 razor for its first shave this morning. There were some serious chips mid edge that had apparently sidelined this razor. Shumates were made in St. Louis from 1901 to 1932 until the first few years of the Great Depression killed their business. Owners seem uniformly positive, however, about their shaveability. After some serious bread-knifing on my 320k DMT steel diamond plate the chips were removed. After bevel set and finishing on my jasper stone, hairs were a poppin’. Following a good soaking of the CK6 Scentsless soap in concentrated organic Peppermint oil, my JR Rosewood Two Band Badger generated a decent lather, not MWF quality, but acceptable. Although small and light in hand, the shave went very well! I like this razor. My NOS Gold MMOC sheared away my dome whiskers in complementary fashion. I feel velveteen smooth, cool and clean!

RAZOR: Shumate 5/8 (Mug), NOS MMOC Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Astra Platinum (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil scrub
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Two Band Badger
SOAP: PAA Scentsless CK6 w/ Concentrated Peppermint Oil Added
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 28th, Wed, 2020

Razor: Gillette New long comb with ball end handle-Mfg 1930's, mid range, Canadian variant. Nice feeling razor IMO.
Blade: Gillette silver blue (6) Excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth, one of my favorite of DE blades.
Soap: Williams mug soap- great soap when applied a little more pastier than some croaps & hard soaps. Reasonable slickness.
Brush:Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle-excellent brush for lathering and cloud like soft tips. Very enjoyable brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinauld Clubman after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long OC & GSB.

DE SOTD,Wed, OCt 28th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Wednesday, 10/28:

20201028_102348.jpg

Razor - Razorock Mamba 70
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Black Anvil "Morrigan" 26mm Declaration B8
Soap - Murphy & McNeil Pirate Holiday
A/S - Murphy & McNeil Pirate Holiday

Just awesome; top marks all around. The B8 was awesome whipping up the lather, a shiny, hydrated, gooey batch of slick goodness, with awesome properties across the board. The Kodiak base is no joke; one of the very best. I was very pleased with the Nacet in the razor. The Mamba is smooth anyway, but the blade also performed great; excellent smooth cutting action. Combined with the supreme slickness of the lather, it was such a pleasurable shave. My face is nice and smooth, and my skin feels phenomenal. 👌

S.O.T.D - Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- AP Shave Co. Summer Hulk "Syn-Bad" 24mm
Soap/Cream:- PAA Sacré Bleu
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (1)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Aqua Velva 5 in 1 Balm
After-shave:- Williams Aqua Velva

This was my first shave using an injector style blade, I picked up the razor off of eBay about a week ago and the blades were from Amazon. I started off with the setting on 1 to get a feel for the razor and was amazed at how smooth it performed, I moved the setting up to 3 and had a smooth as silk 3 pass shave with no errors. I will be interested to see how well the blades last and if the performance drops, My initial reaction is this is as smooth or smoother than my Rockwell 6S which is my go-to razor.
20201028_103056.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

cartoon1603820090559.jpg

Status