Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Decided to add some variety to my shaves over the last month, and I've been testing two new soaps that I was very generously sent by bundubeard, the review for the first will be coming out in the next day or two.

I used Godrej lime for the first three days and then bundubeards Kudus kick which has a medium menthol bite, perfect for a hot summers day.

After that I used the "mystery" soap bundubeard sent me along with a pack of feather seikans, which are feather's carbon steel blades.

The mystery soap has a light menthol sensation, with hints of mint and peppermint, and a vanilla undertone. It smells exactly like peppermint crisp tart, very similar to the kudu, but without the coffee or the strong menthol.

For the remainder of the month I used two variations of my favourite soap, Rooi Afrikaaner, also from bundubeard. The first was the rooi Afrikaner puck which uses the newer formulation and the second is the same soap, but in a prototype shave stick form, and its absolutely amazing. The slickness is absolutely unmatched, but I'll write a proper review on the Rooi Afrikaaner shave stick and "mystery" soap relatively soon.

I used the same razor, blade and aftershave combination all month, and got 24 fantastic shaves from the gillette minora blade paired with the Wilkinson sword classic TTO, a very under rated razor in my opinion.

The Aftershave is a mentholated aftershave made by my friend Dave from one of the South African shave forums, and its absolutely fantastic stuff, perfect for summer and it pairs fantastically with kudus kick or even the lightly mentholated mystery soap.

Shave 1-3:
Razor: Wilkinson sword classic TTO
Blade; Gillette minora (1-3)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Cream: Godrej lime
Aftershave: Dave's menthol splash

Shave 4-6:
Blade; Gillette minora (4-6)
Soap: Bundubeard Kudus kick

Shave 7-9:
Blade; Gillette minora (7-9)
Soap: Bundubeard "mystery" soap

Shave 10-19:
Blade; Gillette minora (10-19)
Soap: Bundubeard Rooi Afrikaaner shave stick (prototype)

Shave 20-24:
Blade; Gillette minora (20-24)
Soap: Bundubeard Rooi Afrikaaner (puck)
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

3D8485B1-CB2B-4F3F-97EA-29EC93970E3D.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 7, 2020

This morning I woke up to a warm, sunny day for a change! My C-Mon Special 11/16 is just a fantastic razor. A full hollow that really belts out the buttering toast song during my shaves, and this morning was no different. Despite an initial minor nick to the top of my left ear, the three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) that followed resulted in one of those mug shaves that one keeps touching over the course of the day. It was just an amazingly velveteen result. My dome shave was every bit as good. The Valet Auto Strop Model VC4, the only safety bar model, is by far the favorite of my five Auto Strops. It represents the culmination of 42 years of incremental improvements by Gaisman to his original model, and always delivers an awesome shave. After stropping the Feather FAS-10 blade, the two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave was every bit as close and comfortable as the preceding mug shave. I feel refreshed, clean and as my UK Celtic friend, Billy, at TSD is wont to say, “dolphin smooth”.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), Valet Auto Strop Model VC4 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by an Argan Oil scrub
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ Hybrid Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Lucky Tiger Aspen AS Splash.

Hello to all!

Saturday's shave here in cloudy Greece. We are under lockdown for this month.

Prep: Nivea face cleanser and warm water to the face
Pre shave: Proraso Sensitive
Soap: Razorock XXX
Brush: Wilkinson Sword pure bristle
Razor: Wilkinson Sword butterfly
Blade: Wilkinson sword (5)
Alum Block: Osma
Aftershave: Witch Hazel and Noxzema Cool carbon

The brush is getting softer with every use. I liked the Wilkinson razor. It's no crazy R41 but it works just fine. The wilkinson blade worked just fine although it was its fifth shave.

I did two passes, one WTG and one XTG. I got some weepers on the second pass but they were pimples that bled. The alum block and witch hazel diminished the bleeding fast.

The razorock xxx soap performed very well. It's got tallow and lanolin and it shows. Certainly way better than the proraso soap I used last time. It also provided nice protection in consecutive passes.

The osma alum block provided some feedback and it didn't sting so much. It was my first time using witch hazel after shaving and I must say I am very pleased. It left my skin toned and squeeky clean. I followed up with the awesome noxzema cool carbon balm which was much needed and was absorbed instantly.

The proraso pre shave is very good as always. I also cleansed my face with the nivea face cleanser which always removes any dirt and grime from the hairs.

All in all a satisfying shave.

Rating: 8,5/10

20201106_074327.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1947 Aristocrat Gold
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Razor: Schöne Frankenrazor
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Soap: Proraso Red
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3

Today's shave was excellent with my Schöne Frankenrazor, using a Schöne base plate, top cap from a Merkur 23C, and a Razorock stainless radio knob handle.
This combination gave me a very smooth, comfortable, and efficient two pass BBS shave.

20201107_151815_kindlephoto-20157172.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom