What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 8th - March 14th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
E3E256DC-2464-4029-99A6-B93C9477DB1C.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 8, 2021

I don't know what it is about my C-Mon Special, but it truly loves to belt out the “Buttering Toast” refrain while working! As one of the seven favorite straight razors brought on this trip, it easily held up its rep as the loudest. Three slow, luxurious passes left my mug as smooth as my great granddaughter’s butt! The SS Supply V2 easily held up its end leaving me with a porcelain smooth noggin after two bloodless ATG passes. I feel clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), SS Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Injector II Twin
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handled Hybrid Knot #007
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature AS Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, March 8th, 2021, Always like using this razor, it is easy to roam over the face and is more a carefree shave , mildest of the 3 different models of Micromatics IMO.

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, MMBT, guiding eye......MFG 1947-50, excellent milder mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5), excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice scent and has excellent lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub with excellent lather painting.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser, with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala with witch hazel. No Nivea balm today.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my MMBT + a coated Gem blade.
MMMonday, March 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Monday Shave 03/08/2021

Razor: Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Silve Blue
Soap: Proraso White (super formula)
Brush: Simpson T3

10/10

First time shaving with the Lupo .72, and was impressed.
I found it to be much more efficient than my Game Changer .68, and with a little more blade feel. With two days of growth I was done with just two passes, and was BBS

I'm looking forward to trying other blades in this razor, but paired very well with the GSB.

20210308_114224_kindlephoto-12963120.jpg

20210307_080818.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf Peerless, Gold Washed
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20210308_165008-01-01.jpeg

SOTD (067/2021)
08-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue TSN LE 2020 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin de Candre ~ Agrumes (sample)
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: KAI (8)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Speick Men Active ASL.

Another pleasant shave with the KAI, this time attached to the Black Beauty. Three passes, almost bbs on the entire face. Minor blade feel. Just nice.

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom