What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 30th - April 5th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 2nd April 2020.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap: Vie-Long Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(4)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

Greetings,

The Vie-Long brush & soap stick performed with brilliance, building up a slick protective lather on my face in a short space of time leaving enough stored in the brush for all my shaving passes without having to re-apply the shave stick to my face to create more lather.

Over the last few months i haven't gave much attention to my boar brushes,due to reaching for my synthetic brushes..I forgot how much of a good brush the omega 10077 is for face lathering having soft tips,but with plenty of backbone.

A enjoyable 3 pass+ pick ups acceptable silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, keep strong and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Hi! Shave #15:
IMG-20200401-WA0016.jpg

Pre: hot water, Floid oil.
Lather: Eufros Hoi An.
Brush: El Druida.
Razor: Gillette Sheraton 1937.
Blade: Perma-Sharp (#3).
Hope all of you are well and have a nice day!!!
Bonus track: my new bowl, aka "Torrebachi", designed and made by a mate in a Spanish Forum 😍😊
IMG-20200401-WA0015.jpg

Lately I am enjoying my creams again 😊. And well….the Plissoft brush remains one of my favorites 😉😊

Cream : Truefitt & Hill - Grafton
SvdD : 02-04-2020
Razor : Rex Supply Co. – Ambassador Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor
Blade : Mühle (1)
Brush : Razorock – Plissoft Synthetic
Aftershave : Truefitt & Hill - Grafton
Aftershave Balm : Truefitt & Hill - Grafton
Eau de Cologne : Thierry Mugler – Cologne

DSC_0032-01.jpeg

Date:- 02 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Lime | Lavender | Cedarwood
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #14 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

proxy.php
proxy.php

S

Scrubby

Scrubby 06.jpg

Today's Shave 2 Apr 2020
Razor:
Boker Kox Dutch Barber 7/8
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2
Soap: De Vergulde hand (EUR 0,50 /Tub)
Aftershave: Floid Vigiroso
Additional Care: Proraso red Pre-Barba as after shave balm
Time keeping: Jaeger leCoultre Geophysic True Second
Result: 2 pass irritation free.

Thu 2nd SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade SuperMaxPlatinumPlus 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Cucumber mix
MacaRoot & Aloe Gel
Good face lather results. Thick, slick & creamy. Nice scent throughout.
Shave with razor and blade combo very good. Smooth and sharp. No tugs nor pulls. 3+1pass Setting 6-WTG & XTG/ATG, setting 5-ATG with buffing.
No weepers nor irritation again. Not bad. Ice water rinse followed by Special Thayers. 98% BBS results with rating today 9.8/10
20200402_094719.jpg

20200402_101052.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Timeless Titanium Thursday SOTD
with a little help from My British Friend
MERshaving vegan soap Chromium
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200402080009544.jpg

Rotten wood Graydog synthetic
26mm Silver synthetic knot from Milton over at Turn n Shave
Great Shave and a great way to start the day off.
Stay safe and Healthy Everyone !👍

Date:- 02 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Lime | Lavender | Cedarwood
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #14 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

proxy.php
proxy.php

Was that a limited run from B&M? Never seen that one; sounds awesome.

35EE5872-1F87-40B2-B655-B66B5942C012.jpeg

SOTD 04/02/20

This morning I swapped out the hybrid Badger/Boar knot I had mounted on my Alpha Shaving Rubberset 400 Tribute brush for an incredibly soft black synthetic knot with great backbone. I’m a committed face latherer and really enjoyed whipping up a thick, protective MWF lather on both face and dome with the swapped out synthetic knot. The beauty of this brush is that it is effectively four brushes in one. I own four different ferrules, each of which accommodates a different knot - a 24mm Badger/Boar Hybrid, a 24mm synthetic, a 26mm Silvertip Badger, and a 26mm Boar - all of which screw onto the same handle.

After my cold water rinse, I worked on generating a thick lather. The Colonial General V2 has some real heft to it at almost 90 grams, and is very nicely balanced. When equipped with a Feather Super AC blade it is a highly efficient shaving tool. Given the beautifully engineered balance and weight of the razor, coupled with the wide sweet spot, maintaining negative pressure was quite easy. The razor is named and dedicated to Revolutionary War General Henry Knox, Chief artillery officer of the Continental Army, and later Secretary of War. And Henry’s spirit blasted through that whisker stubble like he decimated the British at Yorktown.

A healthy spike of 6 drops of M-Bomb to my MWF soap provided a delightfully cooling highly mentholated lather. I could easily have stopped after the first ATG pass with a DFS+, but I really crave that velveteen smooth feel of a good BBS shave. My second ATG pass, or really half pass consisted of nothing more than some selective buffing, and brought the BBS baby home. I feel clean, very smoooth, and refreshed, ready for another boring day of sheltering in place.

RAZOR: Colonial General V2 316L SS
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving Rubberset T400 Tribute
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Lisa’s Naturals Tobacco & Bay Post Shave Elixir

Timeless Titanium Thursday SOTD
with a little help from My British Friend
MERshaving vegan soap ChromiumView attachment 1081675
Rotten wood Graydog synthetic
26mm Silver synthetic knot from Milton over at Turn n Shave
Great Shave and a great way to start the day off.
Stay safe and Healthy Everyone !👍

That Silversynth knot he sells is freaking awesome.

View attachment 1081680

SOTD 04/02/20

This morning I swapped out the hybrid Badger/Boar knot I had mounted on my Alpha Shaving Rubberset 400 Tribute brush for an incredibly soft black synthetic knot with great backbone. I’m a committed face latherer and really enjoyed whipping up a thick, protective MWF lather on both face and dome with the swapped out synthetic knot. The beauty of this brush is that it is effectively four brushes in one. I own four different ferrules, each of which accommodates a different knot - a 24mm Badger/Boar Hybrid, a 24mm synthetic, a 26mm Silvertip Badger, and a 26mm Boar - all of which screw onto the same handle.

After my cold water rinse, I worked on generating a thick lather. The Colonial General V2 has some real heft to it at almost 90 grams, and is very nicely balanced. When equipped with a Feather Super AC blade it is a highly efficient shaving tool. Given the beautifully engineered balance and weight of the razor, coupled with the wide sweet spot, maintaining negative pressure was quite easy. The razor is named and dedicated to Revolutionary War General Henry Knox, Chief artillery officer of the Continental Army, and later Secretary of War. And Henry’s spirit blasted through that whisker stubble like he decimated the British at Yorktown.

A healthy spike of 6 drops of M-Bomb to my MWF soap provided a delightfully cooling highly mentholated lather. I could easily have stopped after the first ATG pass with a DFS+, but I really crave that velveteen smooth feel of a good BBS shave. My second ATG pass, or really half pass consisted of nothing more than some selective buffing, and brought the BBS baby home. I feel clean, very smoooth, and refreshed, ready for another boring day of sheltering in place.

RAZOR: Colonial General V2 316L SS
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving Rubberset T400 Tribute
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Lisa’s Naturals Tobacco & Bay Post Shave Elixir

Dude, love that brush and razor combo; beautiful. And your play-by-play is always great. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom