IMG_1487(a).jpg

Sat 7 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip Badger
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade Bic Chrome Platinum 5th
Postshave Alum+Thayers Lemon
Aftershave ClubmanWhiskyWood
Load from soap and face lather....nice soft brush feel and real pleasure building a thick slick creamy lather.
Shave was terrific with razor and blade combo. 3 pass with 3 settings..Set 6 wtg Set 5 xtg/atg Set 4 atg + pickup. 1 unexpected weeper. Result was a CCF with 95% BBS. Rating today 9.5/10
20200307_124007.jpg

20200307_125616.jpg

16B890AC-1F32-411F-A652-B0082D3C4BE7.jpeg

SOTD 03/07/20

Pretty good shave today with a new brush from Evan (@MrEE) and a new soap, Imperial Glycerin soap. The new brush performed beautifully and whipped up what at first glance appeared to be thick lather. When I shave I lather up both face and noggin, and start my first WTG pass on my face and then proceed to the dome.

My problem was that by the time I finished the first pass on my face, the lather on my dome had pretty much faded away, requiring me to lather up the dome again. Once freshly lathered, the first dome pass required me to keep lathering. After finishing the sides, I noticed that the lather on the back of my head had faded, and required a fresh coat. Thus I finished that first pass, and liked the soap’s slickness and glide when freshly applied but the need to continue relathering was annoying.

For my second pass, I thought that I should devote more time to the actual lather generation. So I spent a few minutes lathering away. Unfortunately, I had the same experience with the second XTG pass on the dome again. The face shave was relatively uneventful, but it was the noggin scrape which was the problem again.

For my final ATG pass I decided to wait to lather the dome until after completing my face. But again, even with lathering the dome shortly before that third pass experienced lather fade on the back of my head. I will say that when the lather was fresh the glide and slickness was fine.

The continual need to keep reapplying lather on the dome was annoying. The shave itself ended up as a very good DFS+. The post shave feel was good, but I guess I’m spoiled. I just love my MWF. I’ll give this soap one more swing tomorrow with the first pass, but I’ll make sure my MWF is handy if I reexperience the lathering issue. The new Badger/boar brush is excellent! I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Rex Ambassador (5,3,3)
BLADE: Vintage Polish Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: MrEE #007 Badger/Boar
SOAP: Imperial Glycerin
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Florida Water AS/Cologne Splash

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Shave Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200306_093020.jpg

Saturday's Shave

Saturday’s shave continues with my use of T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream. I am almost to the end of it and probably have a week or two left. The brush today was the Yaqi 28 mm synthetic. The razor was my Wolfman SS SB 1.05 razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. Aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk. After my show some Yves Saint Laurent.

Sat shave vint.jpg

Saturday SOTD

DFS today. 3 passes with my Gillette pre WWII fat handle tech with a Personna blade. I’m always amazed at how well these old razors work, perfection.

Preshave- shower and Vintage Gentleman Smooth Lavender preshave oil.

Brush-Omega Synthetic (a bit of a lather hog)

Soap/cream-Proraso white shave cream

Razor-Gillette Fat Handle Tech

Blade-Personna

Post shave- Nivea balm and a splash of Clubman VIBR. My VIBR is almost gone...
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom