Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Fifth quality shave with the Wolfman and Personna Med Prep blade. An exceptionally smooth shave. Have a good weekend gents.

Razor: GEM Micromatic MMOC (hold flat against face)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (1st)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Stirling - Hipster
Aftershave: Stirling - Hipster (Splash)

B5547648-695F-4CC4-ABCE-850F4409D87A.jpeg

Tragically Hip
I’ve been wanting to try this Hipster soap for a while. Unfortunately I’m so naturally hip in real life that the soap didn’t even have a chance to register on me. The aftershave was a little better. A pleasing scent that is extremely gentle and inoffensive.
It’s always nice to break out a brand new GEM PTFE blade. Luckily the shaving instruction were printed on the top of the razor, so I had no excuse for screwing up the shave. Ahhhh…that brand new blade BBS feel.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Really liking the Kai MG for daily shaving with the SE1. Not as efficient as some other AC blades, but very forgiving with zero irritation with buffing and ATG. I can get just as close of shave with a little extra effort.

In my 4 yrs of wet shaving, this shave might have been the zenith. Perfection. I can only hope to recreate this every shave from here on out.
My favorite blade also in my Kai style shavette the Kai Protouch MG. Good blade also in aggressive safety razors that hold the 50mm blade from what I have read on some threads.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, June 11th 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur SE, excellent tame mid range, light weight and very easy to manipulate for a large wide 50mm blade IMO. Good daily driver for some folks.
Blade: Chinese blue 50 mm, sharp and smooth, longevity ??. received these with a Shavette ordered months back.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent when it dry's down + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm tuxedo knot synthetic, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter. This handle would be ideal for large hands & has good ergonomics IMO.
Pre Shave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE + a Chinese blue blade.
SE SOTD, Fri, June 11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

No love for the grapefruit and wild strawberries Cal?
:laugh: If it smelled anything like grapefruit and wild strawberries (to me) I'd love it Hannes. I can't describe what it does smell like (to me)... except just horrible.

Of course experiments are always good. It's great to know exactly what you don't like. :biggrin:

So far nothing has beat my TFS favorites. Next shave will be with my croapified LEA Mentholated cream. :001_cool:

:laugh: If it smelled anything like grapefruit and wild strawberries (to me) I'd love it Hannes. I can't describe what it does smell like (to me)... except just horrible.

Of course experiments are always good. It's great to know exactly what you don't like. :biggrin:

So far nothing has beat my TFS favorites. Next shave will be with my croapified LEA Mentholated cream. :001_cool:
The splash is still not available outside of Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom