What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 26th - July 2nd, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
MONDAY SOTD ::::: June 26, 2017

Prep: Warm shower
Pre-shave Cream: Proraso Refreshing & Toning (Green)
Soap: Van Yulay Sweet Lemon Iced Tea (East Coast Wet Shavers FB group soap)
Brush: Thater 4125/2 2-band Badger 26mm
Razor: Timeless (0.68 smooth base plate) w/plaid handle
Blade: Kai (1)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
After Shave: Van Yulay Sweet Lemon Iced Tea (ECWS)
After Shave Balm: Van Yulay Sweet Lemon Iced Tea (ECWS)

This is my second Timeless. I bought the handle (being discontinued) and smooth top cap to go with my awaiting 0.68 smooth base plate. I really wanted to explore the difference between the blade gaps of the Timeless. And to me they are definitely different razors. The shape and feel of the plaid handle was quite different from my original (pineapple). I though the plaid was a bit heavier and it is by 4 grams. When I began the shave I would have sworn there wasn't a blade in the razor. The smooth bar was light and true on my face with no blade feel or noise. I did pickup a bit of audible feedback with the XTG pass. The 0.95 OC is definitely more aggressive and seems to give a little closer shave but damn they are both exceptional. The OC is hands down my favorite DE and this one may eventually edge by the Blackland Blackbird for second place but I'm expecting the competition to be a total joy. And I have a scalloped 0.95 base plate that is crying for its own matching top cap and handle....

2017-06-26-20-22-10.jpg

Tuesday Planned SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: ATT Bamboo SE1
Blade: Feather Artist Pro (D2)
Brush: Savile Row 3326
Bowl: Sweese Porcelain Suribachi 5”
Pre-Shave scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
Pre-Shave Butter: Chatillon Lux Lavender
Shave Soap: L & L\Chatillon Lux Catalan’s Prairie LE
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie LE Toner
Like your shot today - including that interesting razor. How did you like the Catalan soap? (Have some on order but the other LE Bon Vivant was sold out)

Barrister & Monday

* B&M Seville
* Maggard 24mm Synthetic
* '63 Gillette Slim
* Gillette Platinum
* Barrister's Reserve Cool

Not surprising to anyone, I think, but it was hot as balls today. I wish I had some Arctique or Adagio or anything else mentholated from B&M. However, the Reserve Cool was a welcomed relief from the heat of the day. Also, my wife suggested using the artwork in the shot. I think it's a nice addition.
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme
nicely done, love the feel of the photo

6-26-17

Merkur 34C
Polsilver
Tabac Shave Stick
WCS synthetic
Dickinson's witch hazel
Nivea ASB

First shave with Tabac! I can see why this soap is so popular. Great performance and a great shave!

IMG_4370.JPG

Like your shot today - including that interesting razor. How did you like the Catalan soap? (Have some on order but the other LE Bon Vivant was sold out)
Soap just came in and first use will be tomorrow morning. The aroma on this one reminds me of a soap I already have in my extra, extra large soap den but cant put my finger on it at this moment. The razor is the recently released ATT aluminum SE razor which I used for the first this morning, and excellent 2 pass shave this morning. Shave just as close as my Aluminum The General razor.

The week started just fine, gentlemen. Exquisite photographs, posts and comments. Thanks for the cornucopia of excellence.

As I mentioned I spent much of the day on my editorial project which I'll be completing sometime this week. Sorry I was unable to add comments but hopefully I squeeze some in for Tuesday. Until then, I'll be seeing you.

Tuesday's Shave

RAZOR: Wacker Chevalier 6/8
BRUSH: Saponificio Varesino Artisan 2.0 Ivory / HMB
SOAP: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
AFTERSHAVE: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti

proxy.php

Have a Nice Tuesday Gentlemen

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Hot Shower
Jack Black Energizing Face Buff
Geo F. Trumpers Skin Food
Canadian Bulldog (backed off 1/4 turn)
Feather Stainless
Wolf Whiskers Pi Day
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre soap
Alum
Thayer's Unscented
More skin food
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre A/S
proxy.php

What a shave! The Canadian Bulldog/Feather combo straddles the line between magical and dangerous :lol: but it is the closest and smoothest shave I have ever had! And the scent of B & M's Le Grand Chypre is not to be missed! Truly breath taking!!!

SOTD: 27th June 2017.
3.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Palmolive 'Classic' Cream.

Blade: Voskhod. (1)

Razor: Parker 65R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/4711~ Cologne A/S.

Nivea Men~ Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

My 65R/Voskhod paired up superbly resulting in a efficient 3 pass+ pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The tube of Palmolive 'Classic' Shave Cream has lasted me well over a year, and it's finally closely nearly done i've got maybe another 2-3 shaves left and its finished..Not to worry though, i've another tube at hand.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

June 27, 2017
OneBlade Core
Feather (3)
Romera Olive Wood Synthetic
Nivea Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD 2017-06-27

Hot shower
The General on custom razor handle
Feather AC Professional blade (4)
Maggard 22mm synthetic
Maggard Orange Menthol soap
Skin Bracer AS

proxy.php

Have a nice day,everyone!:001_smile

Tallow + Steel "Maya"
Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE (1)

proxy.php

Since I've commented extensively as to how pleased I am with Tallow + Steel's new soap formula, I'll just briefly convey my thoughts on Maya's fragrance.

Cocoa and coffee arrive at the same time, but they fall short of dominating the fragrance which is soon mitigated by the rich, spicy notes presumably offered up by the allspice. These intermingle with the cocoa and coffee on an almost sinister scale. By themselves, these notes wouldn't typically be described as dark, but the accord is indeed dark but clean and crisp. There is zero cooling effect, but it smells like there should be. A gentle minty metallic fragrance is detected. I was initially inclined to call it anise, but it doesn't quite make that leap. The sharp lime along with a bitter citrus keep the fragrance from being sweet. As the shave progresses, the coffee becomes more discrete giving way to cocoa. I do note a hint of tobacco, but it's quite subtle and intermittent.

The splash starts like most Tallow + Steel splashes with a transient creaminess that I assume is from the base ingredients. With the exception of the still light tobacco, the other notes of coffee, cocoa, and cardamom are more clearly defined with equal showing from whatever the effervescent fragrance is. The drydown reveals even more of the lime and bitter orange. This fragrance seems to last longer than the other new Tallow + Steel splashes I've used thus far (Himalaya and Morocco), still detectable 6 hours out.

For me, Maya pretty much fills the void left by Dark's departure. While it's hardly the same fragrance, it fits in that category.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
22mm Maggard Black & White Synthetic
Wholly Kaw Fougère Bouquet
Razor Rock Black Hawk / Schick Proline (3)
Thayers Superhazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Barbedeaux ~ Proraso Red Splash
proxy.php

Tuesday

Pre-shave: Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: AoS Lavender Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Balm: The Cool Fix

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Gentleman
Soap: Reef Point Peerless
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium (Shave #20)
Brush: Bethlehem Olivewood/Whipped Dog High Mountain-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Sherlock

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Peerless today. 20 seconds to load the Olivewood/Whipped Dog High Mountain brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” in the Slim. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Chiseled Face Sherlock aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Martes 27 Junio 2017

• Myrsol Emulsión
• Shavemac PK47 26mm Silvertip 2B Unique Purple Haze
• Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
• Rockwell 6S R4
• Feather
• Myrsol Antesol

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.