What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 26th - July 2nd, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it quite a lot. It is one I had to pay complete attention to. Got bit on my left cheek not giving this razor the proper respect.

The Micromatic does have that reputation. I have all three: the Open Comb, Clog Cruf and Flying Wing/Bullet Tip. I've only used the latter two once each and gotten good shaves from them without any problems. Soon I plan to dedicate a couple of weeks to my GEMs. Same with my injectors.

Love that set up. Was wondering how the family dollar spice after shave was, Is it better than the old spice on the market today?
Yes, i find it to have more moisture and little less alcohol, better than p&G. The CVS store brand now called Blade spice is the same aa family dollar , awesome stuff ... family dollar is cheeper of the 2..

Wow. How did the razor perform, Jamie. Is it comfortable to the hand?
Rod, amazing razor. I find fat handles that are solid and heavy a little hard to control. this razor is aluminum and hollow, it fits my big hands perfect and so easy to control, not sure if the head is a merkur clone or hand made? but with a astra blade it was perfection. 40 dollar razor and i am in love with it.

2 July 2017

Max Sprecher Customs, 8/8
Tony Miller Fast Bridle Strop
Simpson Commodore X2, in Best
D. R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
Nautica Voyage EdT

IMG_1172.jpg

One of my ugliest razors lends credence to the adage that looks are not everything. This NEW has been abused. There is no plating left on the head and all 4 corner teeth are bent and it just looks terrible. But load a blade in it and start shaving and you can not tell the difference between him and one that is NOS or has been sent out for a replate and corrective surgery. Scruffy, as I call him does the same job as the rest of my NEW razors, leaving me BBS and AGAIG. The Sputnik blade worked fine and I finished with cold water, Lavender Witch Hazel and Clubman. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
proxy.php

image.jpeg
SOTD Sunday
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Dorco Prime
Soap : Cremo Cooling
Brush : B&B 10th Anniversary Boar
AS 1: Thayers Cucumber WH
AS 2: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Semogue 2000
Castle Forbes Lavender
G5 scuttle
Merkur 34C
Astra SP
cold water splash
444/Musgo Real ASL

Can't smell so much during the work week, so I like the weekend shave when I can use the MR ASL!

My shave of the day. A good travel set that is enjoyed a lot. Lavender Truefitt Hill Cream, Synthetic Travel Brush Mühle, Shavette filarmonica with Gillette Silver Blue, After Shave Cologne Russe.
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

7-2-17

Merkur 34C
Gillette Sharp Edge
WCS Synthetic
VDH Soap in my Old Spice mug
Proraso Green Splash

There's something to be said about a sharp blade in a Merkur 34C. Excellent 1 pass shave today.

IMG_4382.JPG

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: July 2, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Beaver WoodWright (Black Ship Grooming Co.)
Soap: L&L Grooming Mayflower
Brush: Vie-Long 15002 Extra Soft Synthetic 27mm
Razor: Mongoose Alumigoose
Blade: Feather AC Pro Guard (9)
Post Splash: Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel

Aftershave: L&L Grooming Mayflower

Fotor_149904603348183.jpg

Fotor_149904446114419.jpg

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Dubl Duck #4 APShaveCo 24mm Tuxedo Knot
Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto SE
GEM Micromatic Open Comb / Gem stainless steel PTFE (10)
Witch Hazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Proraso Crema Liquida
proxy.php

full

• ATT SE1, Colossus
  • ATT S2, Maggards handle
  • Semogue 830
Birthday shave, on Sample Sunday, and my 1st SOTD post on B&B.

I like to start with an SE on the first pass, then switch to DE on next two passes. I think it gives me a better shave, and why not? The brush is my first boar, has about one week's worth of shaves on it. I think it is coming along nicely. Today's soap was a sample of Mystic Water unscented that I've had for a while, and have been meaning to kill. B&M Spice is my favorite of the reserved line, I always enjoy it. Great shave, no nicks or irritation, my day is off to fine start, and I hope yours is too.

Welcome to SOTD. Hope you have a fine birthday. Nice looking shave. The Semogue is a great brush, one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom