What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 21st - June 27th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, June 24
proxy.php

Klar Kabinett~~Simpson 57~~1941 Gillette Ranger Tech/Wizamet SI~~Vintage Gucci Pour Homme

Have a great day!

Razor: RazoRock ECO SE Aluminum
Blade: Crown SS Half Blade (1)
Brush: Muhle HJM Black Fiber, 21mm
Bowl: RazoRock Ceramic

Lather: La Toja

La Toja After Shave Lotion

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Out comes the Timeless again. Fifth shave with Personna Med Prep blade. Today’s brush: a Rudy Vey with the Shavemac knot. I decided to stick with the GD soap rather than alternate it with a cream. Another excellent shave.

IMG_0514.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: Gibbs No. 14 1st use
Blade: trimmed Treet Dura Sharp Carbon 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Synth
Cream: Williams Menthol
Result: DFS+

First time with the Gibbs. My designated (paper) punch failed to punch through the blade so I cut it. This worked fine but aligning the blade reveal to be even needed a bit of fiddling around. I ended up with a very mild - side and very blade forward + side. This side will bite if you are not careful.
IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

The plastic grip is a bit slippery but not overly so still knurling would work better. Williams Menthol is what is says on the tube. Great soapy scent nice menthol blast, stronger than Palmolive rinfrescante and Proraso green - a perfect summer cream!

Welcome to the brotherhood, you’ll learn how much water you need, how much time to lather a soap, how little water you might need, it takes time and each soap is different. We all pretty much started with some basic budget gear and then moved into other upgrades.

I enjoy budget shaving gear and I got into this to save money which I know I do. I go one week per blade, I get 40-60 shaves per soap if not more, aftershaves last me 6 months roughly.

don’t fall into all of the rabbit holes and the disease of collecting everything, stick to the basics and learn to use what you have.

ive been using the same Gillette heritage razor since 2019, I haven’t skipped a beat 5 to 6 days a week. I know that thing like the back of my hand.

View attachment 1286562
Pre:-
Razor: Gibbs No. 14 1st use
Blade: trimmed Treet Dura Sharp Carbon 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Synth
Cream: Williams Menthol
Result: DFS+

First time with the Gibbs. My designated (paper) punch failed to punch through the blade so I cut it. This worked fine but aligning the blade reveal to be even needed a bit of fiddling around. I ended up with a very mild - side and very blade forward + side. This side will bite if you are not careful.
View attachment 1286582
View attachment 1286583
The plastic grip is a bit slippery but not overly so still knurling would work better. Williams Menthol is what is says on the tube. Great soapy scent nice menthol blast, stronger than Palmolive rinfrescante and Proraso green - a perfect summer cream!
I enjoy this razor a lot, especially the metal handle version.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom