What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 21st - June 27th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, June 25th 2021

Razor:
Yaqi Excalibur 50mm, Mfg 2021, tame mid range, good razor to try if thinking of trying this 50mm blade realm.
Blade: Chinese Blue type(4 binned), knock off of the AC 50mm types, Sharp & smooth with low longevity IMO. Still gets the job done.
Soap: Razorock what the puck Lime, lime scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic :001_wub:excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + a few blemish weepers=:thumbup: great shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Blue blade.
SE SOTD, Fri June 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Original Mamba .53/Kai (3). It was observed elsewhere that despite its reputation as an extremely mild razor, the original Mamba has significant positive exposure. Thing is you'd never experience decent edge to skin contact shaving at a traditional 30 degree angle but at a more radical angle (the edge to shave plane angle is a wild 16 degrees), the Mamba shaves just fine thanks. Not much in the way of pick ups from Dave's Aristocrat.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
So a more steep angle for shaving with the Mamba .53. Kai blade should help for a little more blade feel which you like if I recall.

Ron R

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic (1953 - ?)
Blade: Personna PTFE Injector (6)
Brush: Spiffo - D'rargo (Manchurian Two-Band SHD-Fan) 24mm
Pre-Shave: Purely Skinful - Charcoal Face Soap
Lather: Bartigan and Stark - Nil (Unscented)
Aftershave: E & S Rasage - Oasis

C76F12D3-F245-454F-9F7A-0FB771BC7A98.jpeg

Just me and an old Pal
Super close shave. This razor is excellent under the nose area. The PAL Injecto-Magic is generally regarded as the wallflower of the injector scene, always hovering with an unfilled dance card. I seem to be one of the oddballs that prefer the shave I get from this razor over the Schicks. It just seems to work better for me. For some reason I don’t tend to nick myself like I do with the Schicks.
Trying a new unscented soap today. NIL. Pretty nice soap. Absolutely no scent once it’s lathered and creates a super voluminous thick lather that feels “oh so soft” on the face. It’s a keeper.
I do feel some post shave heat on my neck. I stopped using the alum block some time ago, and for some reason applied it on my last two shaves. I was left with this same post shave neck burn feeling both times. I can’t remember why I stopped using it in the first place…maybe this was the reason.
I enjoy the Pal injecto-matic also, they spent a fortune at the time (1950's) on the razor design, personally the dimpled vertical lather channels on the safety bar and top cap give more lather protection than nothing.
Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg

So a more steep angle for shaving with the Mamba .53. Kai blade should help for a little more blade feel which you like if I recall.
Exactlyl right.
proxy.php

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

SOD Friday June 25, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red Soap (9)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings: WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Red

Have a great day!!

IMG_6603.jpg

20210624_081904.jpg

Razor: Schick L3 The Grip
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Today is

FRIDAY
25 June, 2021

______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: Haircut & Shave 24mm synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Body Shop Maca Root cream
Razor: RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Blade: Gillette "Nacet"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Caron "Pour Un Homme"
Long, leisurely shave this morning
to set the day off on a fine note.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

SOTD, Friday, June 25th, 2021

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Martin de Candre fougere shave soap + Simpson badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Great trip but good to be back home and into gym routine!

proxy.php

yesil50mm.jpeg

After a while another shavette shave.

Shavette: Feather Clone (I love this green :thumbup:, I confess I bought a black one also, but I always pick this shinny green :001_rolle
Blade: Feather Pro #4
Brush: Yaqi Two band 24mm. One of my favorite yaqi brush.
Soap: SV Cosmo
Post Shave: 4711 and last drops of John Varvatos (may be another two shaves)
Result: Irritation free very nice shave 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom