Brush: Unidentified Three-band
Soap: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Cucumber Melon Facial Toner/Old Spice Smooth Blast
Balm: Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer

Friday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Reef Point Submariner
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus (4)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Reef Point Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Submariner today. 20 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Platinum-Plus blade still in the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Happy Fish Fry Friday everyone!

Preshave: Proraso White
Shave Soap: Colonel Conk Lime
Aftershave: Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Blue (4)
Brush: Omega 10049 Proraso branded
Thank You!

Last edited:
proxy.php

Valobra Cologne
2018 Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip
Joseph Elliot's Real Hollow Ground
Westholme Cordovan/Linen strop
Folsom & Co. Shambala

@sarimento1 thanks for sharing the photos and video, seems you've had an amazing time.
I trust the video wasn't taken anywhere near the time when you used the straight? :001_tongu

ha, not at all, with that heavy sea, all i could do is just lay flat in the bunk!

but used the Feather straight earlier in the week with much calmer water within the open ice...

Svalbard 2018S-00433s.jpg

7/13/18
Art of Shaving "Eucalyptus"
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
1961 Gillette "Fatboy"
Gillette "Silver Blue" (3)
Omega Alum Strick
Proraso "Green" After Shave Lotion
Proraso "Green" After Shave Balm
Penhaligon's "English Fern"
SOTD7-13-18.jpg

Damp Cellar horse hair brush, Stirling Iced Pineapple soap, WCS Mariner razor, loaded up with a Rockwell Swedish steel blade, PAA Big Shave East aftershave.

Two aggressive passes, and the result was a fantastic shave, exceptionally close. Indeed, the quality rivals that of a straight razor. The Iced Pineapple didn't produce the volume of lather I'm used to, but holy cow it was slick! I think that was in large part responsible for the great result.

proxy.php

Thursday Night Shave - JULY 12, 2018

1. PAA Banana CUBE Pre-Shave soap.

2. PAA RABID BANANA shave soap.
3. JACK SKULLY Brush by Brent Jacobson
4. Razor = GEM PUSH BUTTON with a TREET Carbon Blade [2]
5. Thayers Medicated / PAA Dark Choclate after shave / PAA RABID BANANNA star Jelly Balm.

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: KING COBRA
Blade: FEATHER Profesional
Brush: MANU MONTALVO CocoboloFinest Badger 27x 75 mm
Lather: FOROAFEITADO Edición Especial by LUNA
Aftershave: PRORASO loción eucalipto
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión

Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: PAA El Cubano DOC
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D13)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Cream: Prohibition Style Capone's Bayrum
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum

RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore//Zenith Sintética//Sabre L2//GEM Personna//RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

IMG_20180713_233031-01.jpeg

Friday 13th.
  • Razor: Baili BD179
  • Blade: Shark Super Stainless (#11)
  • Soap: Proraso white
  • Brush: Omega 10018
  • Post: "Nice Cool" alum & Epsilon Blue Mediterranean After Shave

July 13, 2018
OneBlade Genesis V2
Feather FHS
Rubberset 400 #3 with WSP HMW
C&E West Indian Lime
Myrsol Agua de Limón

SOTD: 14th July. 2018.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Omega 49 pro.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : OSP ~ Fougere (Sample)

Blade: Personna~ Gem PTFE coated. (2)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (USA)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture.

Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Lotion & Balm.

Greetings,

A new shaving set up to start the weekend....

In the past week or so, i've introduced myself to the wonderfully world of SE vintage razors, thanks to a TSR (UK) fellow who generously gifted me a Every Ready 1912 SE razor(USA) Some Gem PTFE coated blades & a assortment of fabulous shaving soap samples..My maiden shave with the 1912 totally amazed me..Anyway i ordered a batch of 20 Gem PTFE blades from ebay, and why i was browsing i came across the Ever-ready 1914 razor, for it's wonderful condition & price i couldn't resist and pressed the buy button..."Another impulsive buying falling down the rabbit-hole moment", Not long after,in the same hour i received a message on my TSR homepage from another member telling me that he was the seller of the 1914 razor i had just bought earlier!,which delighted me even more, because i knew that Paul, like myself respects & takes care of his shaving kit..Adding to that i mentioned to a work mate yesterday about my maiden shave with the 1912, and he told me he had seen a "Made in England "one for sale on the local weekend car boot sale for £4.00 in the box, he'll check to see if it's still for sale today, if so he'll buy it for me..So i maybe getting a english version of the Every-ready 1912 too.

It's also the maiden shave of the OSP Fougere soap sample, & the Omega 49 pro brush which had already been pre-soaked in cold water over night in the fridge, washed,hand-lathered X2,rinsed and pre-soaked for 20 minutes in hot tap water before use..The "piggy Smell" is no longer lingering & the tips are starting to split slowly, but very nicely.

The OSP Fougere soap was outstandingly good, providing me with a wonderful woody/spice fragranced slick protective lather for the shave, leaving a nice post shave feeling to my face.

Recently i've been bowl lathering, with all of my new shaving brushes, and since the introduction of using"glaceau smart bottled water " when mixing my lather has excelled my lathering technique multitude, especially when using the omega 48 &49 pro brushes, the amount of lather that these brushes can create you could paint a fence with it...The glaceau smart bottled water isn't a load of hype, it really has made a significant difference to my lathering results.

The razor is in superb condition and after a quick soaking in boiling water for a few minutes, pairing it up today with the Gem PTFE blade on it's 2nd use it's performance was brilliantly smooth & efficient ,resulting in another sublime 3 pass BBS shave with no errors to report...these Ever-Ready vintage razors are amazing!

Thanks to the two fellow members of TSR (UK), i now can appreciate SE vintage razors..Anyone who is sitting on the fence about buying a vintage SE razor i highly recommend you should buy one.After a short learning period of adjusting to a new shaving angle, and Fitted with a Gem PTFE coated blade,you'll be rewarded with a sublime silky smooth shave. Enough said.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash & dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood A/S & Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Earlier Friday

‘65 Tech
Personna Med (6)
Barbasol Sensitive
Day Logic AS

Easy 3 pass shave earlier with the canned foam. I soak the beard for awhile before applying the lather so the hydration is very close to that achieved with a brush. The razor is English, aluminum, striped handle. Beautiful 3 piece. Seems to work well with any blade. I’m addicted to using the Techs. The blade is in fine shape, it smoothing out, nice and sharp. These Personnas are the equal of the best Russian blades in my opinion... probably the highest quality blade out there. I hope the US blade plant doesn’t close... that would be terrible! All in all, great shave!!

Razorhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom