What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 11th - January 17th, 2021

SOTD, Wed, Jan 13th, 2021

Razor: Kai style AC folding shavette- MFG 2018? Well made for a Zamic razor, easy to clean and manipulate with the right blade.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard (2)- excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity and forgiving with the guard. I do not feel threatened by inexperience.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild nice scent with excellent lather qualities and good post shave. I enjoy this soap very much.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice with 26mm tuxedo knot- big beautiful lather creator with cloud like soft tips with good scrub and for painting lather.
Pre- shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + Sandal wood :thumbsup: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS, BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Kai AC style shavette + Kai Protouch blade.

SOTD, Wed, Jan 13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Wednesday, January 13, 2021
An experimental shave

Preshave Preparation: Hot shower & face wash with MWF
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft knot
Bowl: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Soap: The Fat
Razor: Rockwell 6S with plate 4
Aftershave Treatment: Alum Block, Hyaluronic Acid, CeraVe AM Moisturizer
The Shave: I did a couple of things different on this shave. 1 I waited to put the Preshave on until the lather was ready. I have been putting the Preshave on and then prepping the lather. By the time the lather is resdy, the Preshave has all but disappeared. 2 I ignored all the advice about adding water to the fat until you have a shiny yogurts lather. Instead I only added a little water until I had a slick lather. Most would say it was under hydrated. I did two passes XTG & ATG with a warm water rinse between passes. After the last pass I used cold water and then applied the alum. After cleaning my brush, I washed off the alum and applied the HA and then immediately applied the moisturizer.
Result: Smooth BBS shave with no irritation, nicks or cuts. 7 hours after the shave there is but a hint of stubble. I found that the less hydrated Fat was more protective than the well hydrated fat. I will try it again tomorrow.

Top Bottom