What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 15th - February 21st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sotd wow very close shave with my new vintage Gillette old type razor i polished it too,Proraso menthol shaving cream is amazing lather explosion with amazing slickness,Omega brush is great love it more and more did amazing lather,Used my Astra Green blade it gaved me nice and smooth shave as always,And at the end Pitralon classic with ceder oil and menthol love this aftershave give me always that nice menthol kick! After all very happy with this shave and new razor gonna use it next shave again for sure! 😊

20210216_190041.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Jungle Warrior (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive

SOTD-WFSR-W_2021-02-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (16)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

A fine shave. :biggrin:

It'll take a few shaves for me to fully readjust to the WFSR from the 30 previous consecutive shaves with the Timeless Slim OC... but it was a great shave. I now declare BOTH these razors in first (equal) place on my podium.

They are certainly very different razors design wise. Probably the most noticeable difference is due to the ±0 blade exposure of the WFSR and the very positive blade exposure of the Timeless Slim. But "vive le différence" as I love them both.

All in all, the operator was in tune with his fine equipment (= a fine shave). :laugh:

(Seeing it's OBIF)... REGARDING THE BLADE:
I've played a few how-many-shaves-can-I-get-out-of-this-blade games. One of the marathon "tricks" is to move up to a more aggressive razor as the blade ages. I subscribed to that notion in the beginning, but don't any more. This realization came to me on one marathon where I ran out of "more aggressive" razors... I simply restarted with my least aggressive razor and didn't notice any change in the blade whatsoever. (Ditto with today's razor change.)

As far as I'm concerned it's all in the mind, or as Henry Ford succinctly put it "If a man thinks he can, or can't, he's right."

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Jack Black Turbo Wash
Steamed towel sprayed with Thayers Lemon Astringent
TOBS Sandalwood Pre Shave
Steamed Towel
TOBS Shave Cream
Simpsons Chubby 2 brush
Rockwell 6S Razor with 5th use Gillette Silver Blue blade
Gillette Fusion 5 for 3rd pass on head and tricky facial areas
Alum block application
Pre de Provence No 63 Aftershave Balm followed by steamed towel done twice
Thayers Lavender Toner followed by a cold water towel
TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave

Shave took a little over an hour. It had been clear when I started but the snow resumed at some point. Second shot is out the back window...............

IMG_1915.JPG
IMG_1917.JPG

1613515162098.png

Razors - Kai 5 Blade Cartridge v.s. Gillette Fusion Cartridge
Soap - Pure by Gillette
Brush - Yaqi Moka
Post - Tea Tree and Witch Hazel
Balm - Prorasso Green Tea and Oat
EDT - Sauvage by Dior

Comments: Today, I did a shave off between Kai 5 blade and Gillette Fusion with 72 hours of stubble on my amateur youtube channel to see which one was better.

Wednesday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Twig Razor
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
Bowl: Wedgwood China Pedestal Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Rainforest
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Jasmine & Civet
Balm: Grey Flannel
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Toner

Tuesday shave

8B787EC4-B80A-4B7D-A722-62B21E37EEB0.jpeg

Prep: Cleansing Story White Clay Deep Cleansing Foam
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Brush: Simpsons 46 in Best
Razor: Gem Junior, #7
Blade: Gem PTFE, #7
Post: Alum -> Stirling Bergamot Lavender witch hazel splash

Two-passes + neck touch-ups and another all-around DFS with no alum feedback. Oh, and the rare wife approval for the Stirling splash. :thumbup1:

Wed 17th SOTD
Soap La Toja Stick 1st Use 👍👍👍
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC with FOCS handle
Blade Shark Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Wow! What an awesome lather from this soap stick! Thickly creamy and very very slick! Pleasant scent too. Exceptional value for the quality.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues. The result was between bbs to dfs. Excellent aftershaves.
20210217_121629.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom