What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 15th - February 21st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 17th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021,mild range, very efficient, easy under the nose, carefree shave IMO.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2) Excellent blade Sharp & smooth, good longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: , nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips,great scrub + excellent lather painter. Loft 54mm:thumbsup:
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG+ ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel, nice mild scent + dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo.72 & Gillette Nacet blade.
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

58A52BAD-13CE-41B6-AD2A-A60718A43354.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 17, 2021

Woke up to a bright, sunny, 22°F morning. Grabbed my recently acquired H. Hobson Sheffield wedge. I’m definitely going to tung oil the carved scales, as they look like they could use it. Shaving with this wedge reminded me of yesterday’s Feather DX mug shave, quiet, yet remarkably efficient. The A&E Shaving butter is rapidly becoming one of my favorite software accessories and greatly enhanced the shave! I adjusted the Eclipse Red Ring to its most efficient (aggressive?) setting and enjoyed a great dome shave albeit with a minor weeping bump removal on the first pass on the left side of the noggin which disappeared after the second pass. I feel clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: H. Hobson Sheffield Wedge (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
CREAM : A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1224350
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 17, 2021

Woke up to a bright, sunny, 22°F morning. Grabbed my recently acquired H. Hobson Sheffield wedge. I’m definitely going to tung oil the carved scales, as they look like they could use it. Shaving with this wedge reminded me of yesterday’s Feather DX mug shave, quiet, yet remarkably efficient. The A&E Shaving butter is rapidly becoming one of my favorite software accessories and greatly enhanced the shave! I adjusted the Eclipse Red Ring to its most efficient (aggressive?) setting and enjoyed a great dome shave albeit with a minor weeping bump removal on the first pass on the left side of the noggin which disappeared after the second pass. I feel clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: H. Hobson Sheffield Wedge (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
CREAM : A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.
Those scales are neat looking but look a little fragile . They would air dry the blade a little better than some I have seen.

Imagen

SOTD 02/17/2021

Disastrous shave with the Chinese razor that I see that with the sharpening I had to give it I even cut myself :thumbdown to finish honestly with the adjustable Parker.

Desastroso afeitado con la navaja china que veo que con el afilado que le tuve que dar hasta me corté
:nono
para terminar honradamente con la Parker ajustable.

Rating: 2.5 / 5

Razor: PARKER Adjustable Injector

Blade: PARKER Injector

Brush: YAQI Aqua Marina Highmountain 24mm

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: VELEIRO crema

Aftershave: MYRSOL emulsión

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

SOTD-WFSR-R_2021-02-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (17)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
All the kit performed at optimum (even the operator :letterk1:). Zen shaving sure can't be beat. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Thursday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D4)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Spa
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Spa
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Vicky Tiel Ulysse