Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 100th shave with the Haslinger old formula soap. The brush is the large 28 mm Maggards syn. My wife spotted my UK Aristocrat razor and asked if this was a new razor. I told her I have had this razor for a long time, and it was older than her! It gives a great shave. Have a good one guys.

SOD Saturday September 4, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red (27)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: Proraso Red
A Splendid Saturday Shave!

IMG_7433.jpg

1. Arko stick (popped my cherry) 2. Zenith B28 Boars 3. Captains Choice Bowl 4. Gillette 3 piece (unsure of name?) 6. Gillette 7 o'clock super platinum bladeView attachment 1322500
1. Arko stick (popped my cherry) 2. Zenith B28 Boars 3. Captains Choice Bowl 4. Gillette 3 piece (unsure of name?) 6. Gillette 7 o'clock super platinum bladeView attachment 1322500
Forgot that AS... 50/50 Cold Fusion - Aqua Velva

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, 4th, Sat, 2021

Razor: Razorock German37 slant, excellent mid range, I have to adjust the blade a little to the top cap, excellent results + 1st razor to get a true BBS yrs ago when I first started traditional wet shaving. Very efficient razor with easy handling.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(3) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice scent with vanilla & light tobacco + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 26mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft feel, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(dedicated cashmere syn) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea with HA.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant with a Astra SS blade.

SOTD,  Sep 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick DE 1966 (pre Krona)
Blade: Schick - Super Chromium 1966 (2)
Brush: Yaqi - Sagrada Familia (24mm synthetic)
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Stirling - Unscented with Beeswax
Aftershave: Stirling - Hipster (Splash)

10F288FD-BAF9-4DB9-8DD2-B200BB3B2718.jpeg

No more showing off!
On my last shave, I showed everyone how to shave with four Super Chromium blades at one time. Today I decided to shave the old fashioned way, one blade at a time. Mind you, my four blade shave had no adverse effect. The only thing lacking was the Omega shave cream.
Todays shave was as smooth as a Moslen Golsen. The Stirling beeswax soap gave my single DE vintage Schick blade it’s head and produced a very fine quality BBS in every aspect. I may stick to this “one razor/one blade” system. It seems to work well for me.
The only thing I wasn’t sure about was if I should call this the blade’s 2 shave, or 1&1/4?

Last edited:
Revisiting my original gear from 2014 when I first signed on to B&B. Forgot how much I like this little brush.

proxy.php

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 & Weber Handle
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Cream: Edwin Jagger, Sandalwood
Post Shave: Neutrogena, Triple Protect Face Lotion SPF 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom