Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Gillette King
Brush: Simpson T1
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1307195
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, AUGUST 5, 2021

Jim Roe (@Jayaruh) has provided me with 4 brushes, a beautiful Red Oak 15 Safety Razor stand as well as a straight razor stand. His work is much appreciated in the community, and particularly by me. Of the four brushes he’s produced for me, my favorite by far is this wonderful boar brush, #372. It‘s reached the point that boars do where they’re broken in perfectly. It’s a great little lather machine, and it certainly performed this morning, generating the two types of lather I enjoy for my shaves. And what a grand shave it was!

My new Tedalus Barber’s razor has delivered two great mug shaves with a Proguard blade, but for today’s shave, I selected a Feather Super, and boy am I glad I did. The Tedalus loaded with the latter blade is truly indistinguishable from any of the well-honed straights I own. It was one of those awesome shaves where it felt like I was just sweeping away the lather. I could easily have quit after the first two passes, but the shave was so enjoyable that I finished my regular three passes. As Keith (@Keithmax) is won’t to say, truly an epic mug shave. I’ve found my regular blade for this great razor!

Given that it’s Adjustable August, I grabbed one of my two Famex razors, the one I call the FrankenFamex. It has a Rockwell cap and an ATT Atlas handle that both mate beautifully with the adjustable Famex cagehead baseplate. When I purchased my original Famex, the seller threw in an additional cagehead baseplate. After a bit of research I discovered the current matchup, and haven’t looked back. In fact I prefer it to the original Famex. After adjusting the combined head, I proceeded to enjoy my usual two pass ATG dome shave which completed my morning ablutions, and left me with the kind of epic shave I’ll find myself touching throughout the day. In fact, it was so close, I may not need to shave tomorrow!

RAZOR: Tedalus Essence (Mug), FrankenFamex (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Boar #372
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite.
Some excellent gear you have, glad your enjoyed the shave today.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Shavemac 28 mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Israeli Red
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Another day using the Wolfman and Personna blade. The large Shavemac brush provided a nice lather when paired with the Haslinger soap. I am not sure how many more shaves I will get from this soap but fortunately have an abundant supply of the tallow soaps. A nice, BBS shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, Aug 5th 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC, Mfg 2017> excellent tame mid range, great design, joy to use + carefree, excellent razor to a Newbie or seasoned shavers. One of favorites to use and will always be in my den!
Blade: Gillette Astra Superior stainless(3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, nice mild barbershop traditional scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger(Finest) Mountain lake, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice scrubber, great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR SLOC + a Astra SS blade.
Brush collage July Aug 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOD Thursday August 5, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Green (26)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Green

Have a great day!
IMG_7182.jpg

Status