What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 2nd - August 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOD Friday August 6, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Green (27)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Green

Have a great day!
IMG_7186.jpg

SOTD - Friday 06 August 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.38mm - TRH6 - Bronze
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere Black - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Declaration Grooming - Icarus Taxes
  • Fragrance: Dior - Sauvage - EdT (60 ml)

PSX_20210805_082500.jpg

Razor: Schick L8 Golden Schick injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Razor: Parker Adjustable v2. 1st use
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Soap: B&M 42
After: Thayer’s Witch Hazel
A/S: Arctic Citrus

The Parker is pretty mild. I need to work on my technique. I think I tend to try to use it too steep.
I found the Ever-Ready in a vintage store. It didn’t look like it had been used. I think it’s a boar. Have to see how it breaks in.

4AFC6FEF-CD5A-4B37-833B-DDC0D0708A22.jpeg

20210806_142329-01.jpeg
SOTD #198/2021
06-08-2021

>> All Aventus August <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Yaqi Mokka Express 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (15)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus AS splash
Fragrance: Al Haramain L'Aventure EdP

AAA - shave no. 6

There's something wrong with my Parker 87R. This razor is reputated for being a "middle of the road" razor in terms of aggressiveness and efficiency. However, my copy is a totally different beast. She 😉 provides almost as much blade feeI as my Mühle R41 and is a garantee for high efficiency BBS shaves. That's why I'm keeping it. :biggrin:
I couldn’t detect any misalignment or any construction flaw. I guess, it might just be a result of a variation in the production process. Unfortunately, and this is a slight caveat, if paired with a sharp blade, it feels a bit dangerous to shave with her, she tends to bite me if my technique isn't spot on. In order to tame her I paired a variety of blades with this razor, but I haven't managed to find a blade that feels smooth enough to provide some sort of shaving comfort.

Now, today's shave was surprisingly smooth, taking this razor into consideration. The Polsilver Stainless is the first blade that appears to be a dramafree match for my R87. At least, I can’t recall a smoother shave with this razor. 3 passes with extended touch ups, but still no nicks or irritation. BBS all over. The blade? It's slightly fading more and more... but it's still cutting. I'll do another spin with it.I'll likely enter into the final shave tomorrow...

Happy shaves, y'all!

Last edited:
8/5/21
Martin de Candre
Plisson for L'Occitane
11/16 Hayashi Diamond 1000
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD8-5-21.jpg

8/6/21
La Toja Shave Stick
Vie-Long 12705
FaTip Grande
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (6)
Omega Alum Stick
La Toja
Proraso Green Balm
Versace pour Homme
SOTD8-6-21.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #17
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Aaaaaaaaaah Tabac, GOD ALMIGHTY!!, I love this old tallow formula, I'm all stocked up for a very very very long time supplies of Tabac tallow formula in my den.

Sorry non-tallow vegan crap, I am not touching the new non-tallow Tabac until I RIP.

SOTD : 7th August 2021.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Blade : Dorco Prime Platinum.(D1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive Fragrance free Body Lotion./Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last used my Parker 94r which paired together with the Korean Dorco Prime Platinum very nicely with no issues making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo...The hefty weight of this small very effective razor adds to it's wonderful assertiveness which doesn't holds no prisoners to face & head stubble.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 7 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Dorko Solingen 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Proraso Green Splash
Awesome lather from the soap. Love the scent, icy sensation & most of all, the creamy & slick lather...
Shave with this razor was enjoyable. I am liking very much the weighty feel of this near wedge razor. Edge feels smooth and comfortable but still unable to get the targeted efficiency. 3passes without any issues for a ccs to sas result. Aftershaves were awesome too.
20210807_120755.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4C192799-8DFC-4E6A-805A-6D81C4631C37.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick made into a puck.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Blue Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom