Blade: Schick injector (2)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Pre-Shave:
Shower and face wash
Lather: Mitchells wool fat shaving soap
Aftershave: Pitralon AS / Crown Shaving AS lotion
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200404_171903.jpg

I applied a new coat of Brass Black to my Charcoal Goods antique brass razor over the weekend and once again, it is dark and rich. Eventually, the brass will slowly reveal itself to add highlights, as you can see on the blade guard in the image below.

Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 2 Antique Brass Solid Bar
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Grooming Dept. Mallard Rose Chai
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Cranberry Crush/Pearl "Faustina"
Knot: Shavemac 2 Band D01
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza​

IMG_4796.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I applied a new coat of Brass Black to my Charcoal Goods antique brass razor over the weekend and once again, it is dark and rich. Eventually, the brass will slowly reveal itself to add highlights, as you can see on the blade guard in the image below.

Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 2 Antique Brass Solid Bar
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Grooming Dept. Mallard Rose Chai
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Cranberry Crush/Pearl "Faustina"
Knot: Shavemac 2 Band D01
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza​

View attachment 1083339
Razor looks outstanding! (Brush ain't bad, either.)

Let’s move on with some more Super Speeds. Today the 1956 Flare Tip SS and the middle razor of the Trio. I really enjoy this one because it really does occupy the middle ground between the Blue and Red Tip SS. Never a lot of fuss with this one and I could see why millions of people probably used one as a daily driver.

Some more CBL goodness was on order today and in keeping with the old school vibe I wanted an old school scent. Club CBL was the ticket. If you love Pinaud Clubman THIS is your soap! Boy is it good! Great soap and scent.

Lovely three pass shave to start the work week. Topped it off with some Clubman AS...of course! Quick spritz of Acqua di Gio to finish it all off. Stay safe all and check in on your families and neighbours. Blessings to all.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: CBL Club CBL
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Armani Acqua di Gio
85B25E1F-2868-45E3-9C2B-D2EC903F80AE.jpeg

Mondays SOD Litho.jpg

Monday's shave started with a new soap: Phoenix Shaving CK-6. The brush is the B&B LE 2012 made by Rudy Vey. The razor was the Merkur 37C loaded with a Wilkinson blade. The aftershave consisted of Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. After my shower, Jimmy Choo Man Intense was the fragrance.

Have a great week!

Last edited:
View attachment 1083382

Monday's shave started with a new soap: Phoenix Shaving CK-6. The brush is the B&B LE 2012 made by Rudy Vey. The razor was the Merkur 37C loaded with a Wilkinson blade. The aftershave consisted of Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. After my shower, Jimmy Choo Man Intense was the fragrance.

Have a great week!
I'm really impressed by the CK-6 base. It can take so much water, and I found the slickness on par with MdC but with better after-feel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6E9BA8DF-9712-40B3-A0C2-DAC464CC6D5C.jpeg

SOTD 04/06/2020

I’ve decided to spend several of the next few shaves focusing on my new Colonial General. I used a Feather Super in my first three shaves with this razor, and have been very pleased with the performance. My regular goto blade for my AC razor’s is a Schick Proline. The only thing about the Feather Super I've not been so pleased with has been the tugging I experienced near the end of my third shave, despite palm stropping the blade after every shave. Using the same palm stropping method I was able to achieve 28 shaves on a Schick Proline blade in my Blackland Vector.

With this in mind I loaded a Proline in the new General for today’s shave. I began my shave with my usual cold water rinse. In keeping with the monthly theme at the 30DC at TSD, I then grabbed a neglected stick of Arko shave soap, applied it to my face and noggin, and proceeded to generate a decent protective lather by face and head lathering the applied soap into a rich yogurty covering. The General is a heavier razor than the Vector, but I found that first WTG pass to be comparable to the Vector, but not as close as the shaves achieved by the Feather Super on the initial pass.

Given that experience, and always seeking the BBS, I chose to pursue a three pass shave today. The Proline held true for my second XTG pass after lathering up again, being especially careful not to reopen the three nicks on my right cheek following my brief Nacet adventure with the Rex Ambassador yesterday. The third ATG pass left me with a very acceptable DFS++. There remained a slight bit of roughness around yesterday’s nicks which I allowed to give the nicked areas some healing. As non-mentholated shaves go, this one was more than acceptable, and left me feeling clean and decently smooth.

RAZOR: Colonial General V2
BLADE: Schick Proline
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Arko Shave Stick
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by ThayersLavender WH and finished with Pre de Provence AS Balm with Shea Butter

Today's shave

SanKan 6/8" japanese hollow ground. This razor was NOS when I got it. All I had to do to get it shave ready was spend about 10 min on the 12k Naniwa.

Parker Latigo strop

Lowborn brush with 24mm knot. I am not sure if its 2band or silvertip. the knot was given to me.

Flowers in the dark soap

Whiskey Woods aftershave

20200406_073657_compress80.jpg
20200406_073704_compress99.jpg
20200406_073708_compress56.jpg

Monday, 4/6:

20200406_111814.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Leonidam "Ofelia" 26mm 3-band synthetic
Soap - Ariana & Evans Cafe Au Lait
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

With less than 24 hours growth after a very close shave from the Fatip, I decided to go with my trusty 34C for a simple touch-up. After a week of having used the Game Changer, the Merkur felt noticeably less smooth than that fine razor, but was still an easy, pleasurable shave nonetheless. I was disappointed by the knot in the brush unfortunately. It does not splay well, and the tips are not all that soft, so it does not make for a good face lathering brush for me. I would have to use almost exclusively painting strokes, which makes things take a lot longer. This may be relegated as a bowl brush. I might even look into finding someone who would be willing to remove an epoxied knot so I can replace it, but it seems most everyone shies away from that. The A&E still turned out a thick, shiny lather, but it took a while getting there. End result was a close, smooth shave, minimal redness, feeling good.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200405_094344.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.