What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 20th - April 26th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette NEW Deluxe 15mm
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Omega Jade Persian Jar Boar
Aftershave: Old Spice Original (Mumbai, India)
A Little Hula Girl from Hawaii​

IMG_4943.jpeg

With a hectic workload from my home office and social distancing, shaving has been a non-neccessity in recent weeks.
So, after 14 days without a shave and my simian-like celtic hair growth, I saw something akin to this in the mirror:

proxy.php

What to do? Wind up my Mergress or Merkur to 6 with a fresh Light Brigade?
I decided to stick to my current combo - the very efficient Blackland Blackbird loaded with the very sharp vintage Gillette Swede on its third outing.

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Razor: Long Handle Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Mennen Skin Bracer A/S splash

Well, there sure was a lot of hair to remove, but the combo did a sterling job. Obviously I needed to rinse clean the razor head more frequently than usual, but the shave was completed without a significant increase in time. Three passes for a DFS+ result. The lather from the white tub B&M Seville soap was terrific - sadly the ring of death is growing ever larger in its base.
My first use of Mennen Skin Bracer. Available at every drugstore in the US, but almost impossible to find in Australia. WIth the Skin Bracer's green colour, I was expecting a "green" fragrance; say something like Proraso Green. Indeed not. It has a very comforting masculine vanilla scent, and a very decent menthol kick. I can see why it is a classic in its home country and has stood the test of time.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
TUESDAY, 21 April 2020

Gel: Elegance Plus "Earth"*
Razor: Mamba 70
Blade: Derby USTA (1)
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Frag: Ted Lapidus

*Feeling lazy and running late for a call,
I opted to gel up instead of lather.
Got a great shave nonetheless.

Stay healthy, everyone.

BF7127A6-FDF1-4F1E-8000-5190536D9FD2.jpeg

SOTD Tuesday, April 21, 2020

This RR Hawk V3 is really growing on me. It’s just the right kind of heavy, feels great in hand, and with a Feather Super loaded delivers the shave goods consistently. This is my second complete shave with the razor, and unlike some other shave purchases, leaves me with no buyer’s remorse. It really is every bit the equivalent of AC razors going for three times the price of this one. I’m not sure how Italian Barber is able to deliver a 316L marine grade SS razor for $59.99 US, when the direct competitors are so much more expensive. This price is only slated to remain with this batch. The price will be increasing to $75-79 in the next production run.

I began my shave with my usual cold water rinse. I selected the Grooming Dept’s Unscented Donkey Milk Soap, and noticed when I opened the container that little granules of bentonite clay had formed throughout the soap. My @MrEE Hybrid Knotted Brush performed beautifully, despite the granules, and whipped up a nice, shiny, yogurty lather. The Hawk made short shrift of my whiskers in that first WTG pass with the hyper sharp Feather Super slicing things right down to the skin line. My second ATG pass easily put the baby to bed, leaving me with another effortless BBS. A cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH, Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver AS Splash, and finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum left me feeling smooth, clean, and refreshed!

RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: MrEE Hybrid Knot Brush
SOAP: Grooming Dept Unscented Donkey Milk
POSTSHAVE: A cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH, Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver AS Splash, and finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum

2nd techmatic shave. I increased the aggression one notch this time. Closer shave still not as close as I prefer though. I'd say damn fine plus. Next time I'll go all the way to high. Good shave though. I used the techmatic, paa atomic rocket, local gents Anubis soap, witch hazel and obsession aftershave balm.
https://flic.kr/p/2iSMr6p
Haven’t seen a Techmatic in a long time! Any trouble sourcing the cartridges?

SOTD-GC84-V-R_2020-04-21.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Duke 1 in Pure
Soap: Vitos 'Red'
Razor: RazoRock GC84 with custom resin handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (16)
ASL: Bakewell Tart Aftershave Treat

Another lovely shave. :cornut:

The "Duke" is a very nice little brush. I love the scrub but not the scritch. I guess buying Pure instead of Best was false economy. :001_rolle

....21-APR-2020 SOTD

SOTD 2020-04-21D.jpeg

PRE ........ Warm water wash and soak w CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar
BRUSH ...... Zenith Big Boar B15, Olive Wood (27mm)
SOAP ....... DG Massacre of the Innocents (MilkSteak)
RAZOR ...... RazoRock Hawk V3-A, Kai Titan Mild (1)
POST CARE .. Hyaluronic Acid, Massacre of the Innocents AS
FRAGRANCE .. Armaf Tres Nuit Pour Homme EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom