IMG_20200420_075710.jpg

Monday, 4/20:

20200420_091024.jpg

Razor - Merkur 15C
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - Fendrihan 24mm tuxedo
Soap - Mystic Waters Raspberry Lemon
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Monday Mild shave, and a lovely one. It was great to use the 15C again, agile little number. Same with the Fendrihan, a very nice tuxedo brush. Mystic Waters is definitely in my top tier of soaps now. It's funny to think I had a couple shaves when I first got it that were total lather fails, and now it's like the easiest soap to use. It loaded very quickly, to the point I overloaded a little. It can take a goodly amount of water; I probably could've gotten it even wetter. One of the thickest and creamiest lathers out there, with a beautiful shine, lots of cushion, and slickness for days. Great post shave too. Nothing more to say, but top stuff and great scent. My face is smooth and comfortable.

Well why not some more citrus? Stirling Satsuma is a lovely blend of Mandarin orange and oriental spice. If you have ever had occasion to enjoy Satsuma fragrance oil in a scent heater at home this smells exactly like its namesake.

Today’s razor the Gillette New SC with a long, thin handle and refinished in 24k by BackRoadsGold. As OC go this one is very smooth and just a joy to use. Balanced quite nicely on this handle coming out slightly head heavy so it just glides down the face.

No need to chase BBS today and a lovely two pass DFS shave achieved. Top it all off with some Acqua di Parma Colonia. Another workweek...please stay safe and enjoy some sun on your face (through the window). God bless.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette New SC - Gold 1930s
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: Stirling Satsuma
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma
Additional Care:
Acqua di Parma Colonia
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
D074D3DE-FD5D-4B6B-AB81-CCF653D8EDDF.jpeg

First techmatic shave! Used a new adjustable gillette five blade pack. Used the medium setting with speik soap, paa atomic rocket brush, witch hazel and cooling balm. Fantastic shave very smooth and comfortable. Looking at the razor the blade flexing or getting wavy is a myth. The head design prevents that by putting pressure on the band. Looking at the pack the blade did have a wave but the razor straightens it out. The blade was not dull or tuggy as some say. It was actually fairly sharp. Only critique is I prefer a bit closer so I put it on the next higher setting for tomorrow.

https://flic.kr/p/2iSvBR3
https://flic.kr/p/2iSvBT7

Razor: Gem Micromatc Gold Flying Wing
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200419_093223.jpg

DAF0D590-F64E-49DF-85A0-45933F452E41.jpeg

SOTD Monday, April 20, 2020

Had a great shave with my Karve fitted with the new wide body cap. It’s definitely going back into the regular modern rotation. I decided since I always get a great shave from the Karve, that I would break out the new RazoRock SS Hawk V3 fitted with a Feather Super blade. I used to own five AC razors, and now am down to three keepers. The two I sold are the ATT SE1 and Classic Shaving’s Oren. My problem with the SE1 was its weight and handling. It just never felt balanced and was lighter than all of my three remaining SEs. The Oren was just too bulky and unwieldy. I sold both! The three remaining all fit my weight and balance criterion. The Blackland Vector and Colonial General V2 are both a joy to shave with. They both possess the desired weight and heft and work beautifully with a Feather Super, my AC blade of choice.

The New SS Hawk V3 has a slimmer head than the version 2. It feels great in hand and delivers every bit as good a shave as my two other AC razors. It certainly delivered the goods this morning. The Proraso Cooling Cream whipped up beautifully into the thick, protective lather I like thanks to my Viking Silvertip Badger brush. As expected, that first WTG pass eliminated all stubble right down to the skin line. The second ATG pass smoothed away my remaining rough areas on face and noggin, and left me with a lovely, bloodless BBS. A quick cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH, Aqua Velva AS Splash and Lisa’s Naturals Tobacco and Bay Balm left me clean, smooth, cool and refreshed.

RAZOR: RazoRock 316L SS Hawk V3
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Proraso Green
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Aqua Velva (Spanish Version). Finished with Lisa’s Naturals Tobacco and Bay Balm

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
First techmatic shave! Used a new adjustable gillette five blade pack. Used the medium setting with speik soap, paa atomic rocket brush, witch hazel and cooling balm. Fantastic shave very smooth and comfortable. Looking at the razor the blade flexing or getting wavy is a myth. The head design prevents that by putting pressure on the band. Looking at the pack the blade did have a wave but the razor straightens it out. The blade was not dull or tuggy as some say. It was actually fairly sharp. Only critique is I prefer a bit closer so I put it on the next higher setting for tomorrow.

https://flic.kr/p/2iSvBR3
https://flic.kr/p/2iSvBT7
More power to you with the Techmatic. Never could get a decent, comfortable shave out of mine back in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom