Check Out Chick
Staff member
C395C6DA-4E6A-4926-810D-6028FAD82D08.jpeg
1) Australia: Face wash Natio.
2) Australia: Shaving Brush Natio.
3) Australia: Shaving Gel Natio.
4) Greece: Razor BIC Flex 4.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio.
6) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD - Sunday 19 April 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Homelike Shaving - Start 0.69
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Omega - EVO Silvertip Fibre Special Veteran - 28mm Bulb (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: M Keramiek - Shaving Society
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere (sample)
  • After-Shave: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)

Date:- 19 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD: 19th April 2020.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Frankensoap : Dettol Original Anti Bacterial Soap + Palmolive classic Shave Stick + scottish fine shaving soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl + Williams shaving mug soap.

Blade: Polsilver ~ Super Iridium. (2)

Razor: Ming Shi 3000s Adjustable. (settings) wtg 5, xtg 6, atg + pick ups 7.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Lemon Eau DE Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Maiden shave with the frankensoap recipe 2 .The verdict?... Out of the two recipes i've used so far this one is my favourite mainly because the recipe consists of more traditional shaving soap,than bar soap,which lathered up in short space of time, remaining stable without dissapating on my proving a great slickness & protection for each pass leaving a good adequate post shave feel without drying my skin out .The soap has a green yellow,& white marbling smooth texture, scent wise, to my nose it has a 'citrusy-lemon-medicinal fragrance' of which i personally like.

Another great frankensoap which i will add to my soap rotation in future shaves.

I have a third recipe that i'll be combining together later for my next shave which consists of 75g grated palmolive classic shave stick + 50g of grated dettol original anti bacterial bar soap.

I've only shaved with the ming shi 3000s 4-5 times since i received it from my siblings as a 2019 christmas present along with my Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic.(Faux Horse).

The 3000s has a good weight to it, slightly top heavy but nothing that makes the shave feel uncomfortable in any way the most important aspect with it ,as with any razor is, it has no concerning safety issues which will cause injury to me when shaving.

I'll be trueful and say that the 3000s is my mildest adjustable razor especially with the lower settings, if i used the same settings with my 2000s has i have today it would have been 'very noticeably more efficient'.

All in all though, once i skip the milder settings on my 3000s i get the same satisfactory comfortable shaving results set at 5 or above as i would with 2000s at it's lower settings...Having said that, i don't compare any of my razors as i like shaving with all of them, each one has it's own individual Characteristics some are better than others granted,but each one gives a acceptable shave in it's own right... If i was over concerned about the lower settings issue i could always try a feather blade in it, or if i was in need for a aggressive razor i'd use my muhle r41 or gem micromatic o.c but like like the vast majority of traditional wet shavers i don't always need a aggressive/efficient razor each time i shave.

what i do like about the 3000s is it's mildness i can buff over my awkward areas without causing any irritation to my skin.

The polisiver SI today was a great match mowing through the remaining stubble from yesterday effortlessly leaving my face silky smooth again.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Please note that i have 'Rhino's Arse skin type ' and consider myself fortunate that i haven't had any adverse reaction to my skin with the shaving soaps or creams that i've shaven with to date...i wouldn't advise people with sensitive skin to try these recipes,without first looking at the soaps ingredients or doing a test to see if has a reaction to your skin before you use it for the full shave.

Sorry for the short novella, and my babbling waffle readers.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Sunday‌ ‌04.19.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0024 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘65 K4 Slim Adjustable
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌(1)‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌After‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Splash‌

DSCF0022 - Edited.jpg

Sun 19th SOTD
Preshave Oil
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Postshave
Ice Water + Special Thayers mix
Load from soap and face lather. Nice brush for doing that. Good lather result. Nice orangy scent. Shave with this razor paired with the blade was excellent. A really good razor that's cheap but smooth and efficient too. Should use more often. 3+1pass WTG, XTG, ATG & some buffing. Wow shave today...BBS to DFS results today! Ice water rinse followed by special Thayers. Rating is 9.7/10
20200419_110149.jpg

20200419_113213.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom