Not open for further replies.
Talbot Shaving & Catie's Bubbles | La Terre Verte
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20
Orto Parisi | Viride

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Once a week at least I like to get one of my Schick injector razors out of the racks for this tradition and today is no different than with my Schick Adjustable injector model 3(M3). This razor is a marvel to shave with and results are stellar like usual.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- MFG 1970-72 -Great razor to zero in on your type of shave- setting 3!
Blade : Personna injector (9) great blade, very sharp and keeps a edge while sitting idle over time IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- I just enjoy using this soap because it has great lather qualities and scent.
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic.Great brush I have used for the last 3 years.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post : Razorock King Louis aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small blemish weeper = :a17: excellent very close shave, it does not get better for myself.

Sunday shave, April 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Shave 3.jpg

A beautiful, sunny day in Arizona.

A second day of using Klar Seifen soap. The brush today is a B&B LE 2011. Rudy Vey made this brush and it does an excellent job. The razor is my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade that has been used four times. The aftershave is Thayers WH and Pinaud Clubman. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Have a great Sunday.

BD7DBF21-9FA4-4C8D-B3DF-318045A7747E.jpeg

SOTD Sunday, April 19, 2020

My wide body cap from Karve Shaving arrived a few days ago. Although I enjoyed my Tech shave yesterday, I wanted a DE shave with a heavier blade holder, and the Karve Christopher Bradley razor at 111 grams with the Wizamet Super Iridium blade fit the bill. I’ve always enjoyed this razor! It was the first modern artisan razor I purchased after 50 years of shaving with my trusty Schick Krona. My only gripe was the exposed blade tabs. Yes, I was one of those spazzes who unerringly would nick his ear with the exposed tabs every couple of shaves. As a result I stopped shaving with it as frequently as I used to, and as I accumulated more razors, the frequency of use diminished even more. With the new wide body cap, my gripe goes away.

For today’s shave I selected Sterling Obsidian soap and AS Splash. I normally shave the Karve with a D-OC baseplate. The look of the razor has changed eith the new top cap, but the shave is still as excellent as ever. This razor is definitely going back in the regular rotation. While not in the same weight class as the brass TAR, it still delivered my desired shave. The Jayaruh #343 Synthetic generated a great cooling Glacial Obsidian lather. The wonderful Anise smell reminded me of the delicious cookies my Italian grandmother used to make when I was a boy. The weight and balance of this razor in hand make its use a delight. That first WTG pass mowed my whiskers right down to the skin line. One more ATG clean-up pass was all she wrote, and as a friend of mine from Atlanta is fond of saying, “put the baby to bed”! The result was an effortless BBS that easily passes the cotton ball test. I feel clean, cool, smooth, and refreshed.

RAZOR: Christopher Bradley w/ D-OC
BLADE: Vintage Polish Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Synthetic #343
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Glacial Obsidian AS Splash. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1088838

A beautiful, sunny day in Arizona.

A second day of using Klar Seifen soap. The brush today is a B&B LE 2011. Rudy Vey made this brush and it does an excellent job. The razor is my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade that has been used four times. The aftershave is Thayers WH and Pinaud Clubman. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Have a great Sunday.
Had some fun with that photo, didn't you? Looks good! :thumbup1:

How long does it take you to trim your blades? I have a Segal, and found it to be less than straightforward, even with the PAA pattern.

About 15-30 minutes incl setup. I don't cut them anymore, I use a Dremel with a small cone shaped grinder. I got this idea from a guy over at the Shave Den. I tape (masking) 2 new blades and a vintage Segal blade (guide) together and grind away. I usually do two sets of blades at each setting. The blades do get hot but it's easier in the long run for me than the old cuticle cutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom