Saponificio Sunday™

SV-Sunday - Copy.jpg

Prep: Proraso Pre-Shave
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar (SOC)
Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Feather (3)
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Felca Aromatica
Post Shave: Floid Suave Sample + Cella Bio Balm

Talk about keeping the Sabbath holy—another divine shave on SV Sunday. I didn’t mind the scent on this when I first got it…was nice, inviting, ‘green’. However, I now grunt a little and mumble “ummm, nice” when working this lather on the face.

I had a sample of Floid Suave I needed to try…also nice. It’s quite powdery, but it took me back to my juvenile-delinquent days when I heard that baby powder was powerful aphrodisiac for the women, so I could liberally apply it (everywhere). I’m wondering if this Floid could yield similar results (will apply only to the face, though)! 😊

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sunday, 4/19:

View attachment 1088971

Razor - Gillette Old Type
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "Bengal" 30mm TurnNShave Tip fan
Cream - WCS Cologne
A/S - OneBlade balm

WOW this shave was close! Didn't think it was gonna be this smooth while I was shaving, but there you go. It wasn't the most comfortable shave, really thought I was gonna feel like raw hamburger afterwards, but my face actually feels great, no redness, and just incredibly close. Can't argue with the results! Today was really about the brush, though. I bought this handle way back, finally got it knotted with a 30mm Tip from TurnNShave, and man is it a BEAST. This thing eats soap like nobody's business. But the face feel is wonderful, and it's such a wide fan that I don't even really need to splay it much; just paint vigorously back and forth. I ended up with a thin lather because I didn't want to use the amount of product that I'd have to with a knot like this, but I was totally fine with that. This knot is just badass.
Killer brush, indeed!

Parker Variant razor
Gillette Silver Blue blade (1)
Fine silver tip badger brush
Mike's Pine and Cedarwood soap
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Imaginary Authors Every Storm a Serenade fragrance

Another great shave! I'm starting to think any blade in this razor is a winner.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom