SCS Bay Rum with a Twist ASB
Creed Green Irish Tweed EDC

Great shave today. :w00t:

proxy.php

Ranger Tech / Crystal IP
Simpsons Duke 3 in best
Mac Gregor vtg shaving soap
Pinaud Eau de Quinine splash​

Jon-Very Nice photo. How did the vintage MacGregor soap perform?

Saturday

CF Pre-Shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian
Moss Scuttle
Valobra Stick
Mergress set on 1.75 with Black 7 O'Clock (2)
Trumpers Coral Skin Food

Jon-Very Nice photo.

thank you.

How did the vintage MacGregor soap perform?

this was my first try with the MacGregor - I thought it was a loser initially (or that I was the loser). I got a LOT of very light dry lather... adding more water didn't seem to improve anything.

I added more soap to the brush, dumped off excess water from the bowl - and more or less face lathered. THAT was the ticket! Loads of lather, still some lavender scent to the soap - all in all it worked VERY well. I might have done better with a softer brush - the Duke is pretty dense & scrubby.

I suggest that NOBODY else buy this soap if he sees it. Nope. Don't do it. (Leave it for me!)

Great shaves/shots Jon, Soren, Eelco, Mark and Rob!!

Vasco -- No shave?? :huh: :)wink:)

My Saturday shave:

proxy.php

Res Ipsa Loquitur!!

Enjoy!

2nd january

Very nice shave, I have neglected the palmolive cream, but it is incredible, great lather....

proxy.php

Le Grelot 1/4
Palmolive cream
Rooney
Weleda + Aqua Velva (European)
Agua Lavanda Puig splash

2th:

p.160 Tipo Morbido - This stuff is almost gone. I'm going to miss it.
Omega Pro Boar
Tech w/ Lord Super Stainless
Thayer's Lemon
Skin Bracer - I wish this stuff didn't smell so bad.

Top Secret straight that I have nicknamed the guillotine
Plisson HMW size 8 ivory
Provence Santé Green Tea & Aloe SS
Musgo Real Classic Scent A/S
L'Occitane Eau de Baux EdT

Going to see Toronto Maple Leafs at Calgary Flames tonight. My son and I have 3rd row seats beside the bench. I think he'll enjoy himself.... its his first time at an NHL game.

By far one of my best shaves after I honed a few of my razors. Almost no patches.

Semogue 620 | Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Shaving Soap | 6/8 "GOTTA" #120 | Pinaud | 444​

F4 Fatboy / Red Pack Personna (day 1) / Semogue 1305 brush / Palmolive Stick / Aqua Vela Ice Blue AS / Nivea ASB / L'Occitane Vetyver EDT

I have not used my Fatboy in months, and decided to give it a go today. The Redpack is a good match for the razor, and I pulled off an excellent shave with the razor set at 4.

Barry

Today's shave: not too bad, still finding the tough spots. I had some issues yesterday so I was very ginger about under my chin so no ATG there so that could have something to do with the new rough spots. Lather was good but had to go back to the soap every pass, wish I could make enough for the whole 9 yards.

Overall, a good and close shave.

Razor: '65 Super Speed
Blade: Walgreens DE
Soap: VDH Deluxe - hand lather
Brush: VDH Boar
4 passes (WTG, 2xXTG, ATG)
Post-Shave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom