What's new

🍺🥤🧃🍸 SOTD - “Beverage Week” April 3rd, 2023 to April 9th, 2023 🍺🥤🧃🍸

Status
Not open for further replies.
1680951490300.png

Saturday, April 8, 2023
Taylor of Old Bond Street: Shave Pre Herbal Gel. Los jabones de Joserra, Tuberose: Shaving soap, lotion & baalm aftershave. Simpson, Chubby 2, shyntetic bristle, faux horn. László Kovács: Herr & Razors, Arne 01, horn scales, straight razor smiles. Floris: Lily of the valley. EdT.
566BB265-B00A-4EAD-8BCF-E30482E984B7.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B LE 2011 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve with C Plate
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s brush is another one by Rudy Vey: B&B LE 2011. This was my first B&B LE brush and my first Rudy Vey brush. This is a brush that makes loading soap an easy task. The Karve is loaded with a Wizamet blade for the second shave. The shave was nice and close. The MdC is on its 68th use. A beautiful shave on a beautiful Florida day. Have a great day.

Tuckaway-SOTD-R_2023-04-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 20/48
Soap: Clubman
Razor: 1920s Gillette New Improved Tuckaway
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
… except for the usual two bristles annoyingly shedding during the shave. That's it for my THIRD Mixed Midget; it'll be heading for the landfill and as much as I'm partial to them I will not be purchasing another. :001_rolle

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Vintage April, 2023 + SE SOTD, Saturday, April 8th 2023

Razor : Ever- Ready 1924 (AKA- Shovel head)- Mfg 1924- 33, mid range, Interesting design that makes a person install the blade from the rear, I used a RIGS shim to smooth out the shave a little, blade splines where thicker in this time era. The shim is placed under the modern blade spline to give it the tilt it was designed for IMO. Very enjoyable close shave this morning with no issues at all. This razor was designed to last with a little care and works excellent.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : La Toja stick, mild scent, with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm Silver tip(3 band) badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury pillow like soft tips, very nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Ever- Ready 1924 SE with a Gem coated blade.
7SOTD April 8 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

IMG_1916.jpeg

Chiseled Face Legacy Ti

mini review : this razor is so underrated, it shaves mild yet very effective. The weight is perfect for my preference, balances very well. You have to play with the angle but once found you see the results speak for themselves. My friend is correct, shaves very similar to my Diamondback but in Ti format.

IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable 1963 I2
Blade: RK (d3)

Soap: Eleven Barbershop
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Eleven Barbershop Balm
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

I don't have a lot of experience with barbershop-scented shaving software (I know, blasphemous) so a friend lent me some Eleven Barbershop to try out. This was really cool because I've also never used Eleven products before. I considered this a two-for-one experience. Win-win.

I do love a good barbershop scent. Don't get me wrong. I just tend to get caught up in desiring more exotic, nuanced, or niche-scented stuff when it comes to the few dollars I get to spend on software. With that said, this Barbershop offering from Eleven is really quite good. I'd have no problem dropping some coin on it or shaving with it every day, for that matter.

I was very curious to explore the soap base. I found it a little bit firmer than average compared to what's typical for most artisans these days. I appreciate this because I actually end up using less soap in the long run. It just seems to last longer. Softer soaps seem to get gobbled up a little quicker in my opinion.

The soap turned into a really nice lather when worked up. It was slick, had some density, and smelled great. I had no issues working with this soap whatsoever and actually really enjoyed it.

Liking blade feel and high efficiency, I dialed the Slim up to 9 for my first with-the-grain pass. I dropped it down to 8 for my across-the-grain pass. Then 7 for against and cleanup.

I haven't used a Slim in a while so this shave felt a little awkward. Something felt weird about the angle it needed. Like the effective cutting angle was narrow. And this was while it was set on nine! It also felt kind of top-heavy due to the slim handle. Nevertheless, I made the needed adjustments and got a really sweet bbs shave.

When done I used some matching aftershave balm. It felt, not too heavy but also not too light. It had a good middle-of-the-road feel.

Another new positive experience was had and I'm better for it. Thanks for reading and have a great shave!

20230407_080004.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1956 B4 Blue Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L in Manchurian badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom