What's new

Somewhat depressing conclusion...

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Recently I've been on an admittedly stupid spree of buying Benchmade knives. I've bought the classical 940, the 943, and after that even the Barrage, following with the Emissary. And all that just to reach the conclusion that I like Griptilian more than all these, and like the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 even more. I feel like I want to hit myself in the face with a fist. :(

I know where they can find a new home, should make you feel better to get them out of your house and stop reminding you of you really good knife selection (opps I mean stupid spree).

Space_Cadet

Haha, thank you for lifting my spirits a bit, guys. I don't really know what to do, I am not sure I want to sell them right now, but perhaps they really will find their way to the B/S/T at some point.

I’m with you except I like the Military (in Titanium) even better than the PM2 or Grip. It is huge though.

Surprisingly, I might like my BM Freek even more. It is a great knife IMO.

Dont feel bad... I have a Medford Praetorian that I never use. That one wasn’t cheap!

You can always sell off the ones that just didn't click with you. I really like Benchmades and have quite a few. Funny though the one I seem to carry most is an old Presidio with a hollow ground 440C blade. It takes a screaming sharp edge and keeps it long enough.

Space_Cadet

I’m with you except I like the Military (in Titanium) even better than the PM2 or Grip. It is huge though.!

Exactly, it's huge. I have the Military CPM-S110V Sprint Run with the Blue/Purple handles.
Medford Praetorian! :eek2:

Last edited:
Exactly, it's huge. I have the Military CPM-S110V Sprint Run with the Blue/Purple handles.
Medford Praetorian! :eek2:
I’m likely going to sell it. It is a beastly $500+ knife that is too big to carry. It is perfectly finished and a thing of beauty though.

I am going to scale down my collection soon. I have so many that I don’t carry often enough. Case, ZT, Spyderco, Lionsteel, SteelWill, BM, Cold Steel, Buck, etc. Crazy!

Space_Cadet

I am going to scale down my collection soon. I have so many that I don’t carry often enough. Case, ZT, Spyderco, Lionsteel, SteelWill, BM, Cold Steel, Buck, etc. Crazy!

I would sure give a lot to take a look at your collection.

The problem with knives is you bring expectations with them when you buy them. Stop doing that. Hold em.. play with em... hone em. Stab your enemy with em - or at least filet a steak or two.

Knives are like women. You lust, they disappoint, but keep em around, you end up loving em.

Knives are like women. You lust, they disappoint, but keep em around, you end up loving em.
That's why I like wakizashi over katana. At least I can use them for cutting things without a production about it.
(seems I've done this with women too, smaller - better than taller... odd parallel that 🤔

Top Bottom