What's new

Something new from Remington

D1F038FA-4FEA-4386-93DD-9F8220792E1A.jpeg
you guys seen this yet??

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That looks like it could be a bit...unwieldy...not to mention it's got that Tacticool thing going on. I guess that sells now.

Just get an 8 round magazine extension for the tube magazine and be done with it.

Would be a quicker reload though.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm with @simon1, I'd prefer the extended tube magazine. That's what I'm familiar with and trained with. Rather have the higher capacity over the quick reload. Load as you shoot, stay topped off.

1A9EE90F-EB32-414A-925D-4EF67207DF1C.jpeg
Not my style really. When it comes to that particular “mode” of shotgun, I prefer old school.....

I like all the shotguns, pump action is my favorite too.
I still think this looks fun to blast soda cans with though.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
For something not really that old, and not Remington, but it is a high cap shotgun.

Maybe legal for 3-gun? Quicker, easier reloads. Otherwise I don't see the point, other than something new to catch the Tactical Timmy's eyes.

I can't remember when I've shot empty the tube magazine of a shotgun, even with a 3-round limiter. Topping off the magazine isn't difficult. The 870 DM doesn't gain much capacity and still needs a tube for the slide, so ... why?

I think I'll pass.

Another pass here. My 12 ga. holds five rounds and I rarely bother putting more than round in the tube. I figure. One possible follow up shot at most when hunting.

Sent via Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have to think about that one.

870 is as good as a pump shotgun gets; detachable mag must be reliable ... Perhaps they'll make a drum.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Agreed that a tubular magazine is the most elegant solution. Lever action rifles remind of this also.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
It would have to be a 10 round mag to even consider it. Would still have to work out the manual of arms in order to single load a different type shell, such as changing from buckshot to slug rapidly. If it required removing and/or switching the box magazine, that would be a tactical no-go for me.

Top Bottom