What's new

Some Ebay prices getting out of hand.

V

VR6ofpain

Damn, I think I paid too much when I did a BIN on a Slim for $19.49! It was also in good, but not perfect shape.

Higher prices may be a signal that more men are looking for good razors, i.e, DE and injectors, and one place to find them is eBay. Growing demand will lead to new products being introduced into the market to meet the demand.

And maybe not. Could just be a blip and means absolutely nothing. If that's the case, please be sure to not bid on anything I want. :wink:

Wow a Senator in case went for $83!!!

Then again a Fatboy (that I missed while at work, but had been watching) with some PAL blades went for $12.

And an interesting, but not suprising eBay item, an open-comb Aristocrat went for $40.

Yeah, I lost out on that Senator....shoulda went higher, but I didn't really think anybody would bid that high. It'll be a long time before you see a boxed Senator show up again.

I didn't even bid on that 30's Aristocrat .....didn't look like the box would clean up very well.

I had a higher bid set but revised. If the box had been mint I would have gone higher. Plus I could not get the seller to post or send me photos of the top of the razor for some reason. All he would do is reply that it needed cleaning. It put me off and I lowered the snipe. I've got a couple of these and one is especially nice so I'll just keep on looking.

It may be a bit late to blow new life into this thread, but I figured that was better than starting a new one. I have been looking at vintage Gillette's on Ebay every now and then, but I am a bit at a loss on prices.

For example this Tech... is that a normal price? I know it is sold as new but I thought Tech's were relatively common... I thought about this one a while, but the shipping alone was at least $10 , so I passed. It appears the price went up seriously at the last moment as well...

A few other examples of Tech's here and here. Are these simply in too good a condition and therefore wanted by collectors, or are people just willing to pay the price of a newly produced razor for a NOS Gillette?

On the other hand, this one went for $5.5 + shipping...

V

VR6ofpain

I think those tech prices are way too high. Crazy in fact. You can easily get those ball end techs for less than $7 on the 'bay.

V

VR6ofpain

And an interesting, but not suprising eBay item, an open-comb Aristocrat went for $40.
Another one that went for $32, a little dirtier, with a different case. The razor looks a little different too.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom