What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Original blade with the edge removed then JB weld tabs put on to help hold the injector blade. You can just slip an injector blade in and carefully adjust it from the back side with something thin. This means you can fine tune the aggression level. Someone said to do this they just put a drop of water between the blades and it held them good enough to insert then adjusted accordingly.

View attachment 1339368

Here is one of the blades with the JB weld tabs. Unfortunately this was a cheeper vintage blade and one of the tabs/ears broke. I have found the older ones with the greyhound or lettering etched in them to be much more sturdy than the blank ones.
Nice work! I was hoping someone was 3d printing something.

Just a quick clean-up with the Schick Type L today. This razor was more efficient/aggressive than I had expected. I look forward to using it again.

IMG_20211009_120705111-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211009_083420.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Oct 10th 2021- Reading a thread on speed shaving and tested my old system I use and it is amazing using a injector and just brush lather how fast and how great a shave can be accomplished in around 6 minutes and that is cleanup also.
I still prefer the 3 applications of lather with a brush but when in a hurry it is relevant.

Razor: Schick G type Canadian Variant, Mfg 1940's, very nice mid range, easy to manipulate and a joy to use this Injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea : Very nice and unique scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm.(excellent + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Schick G type variant + a Personna
coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 10, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ok, here goes.

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.

Currently two.

2. Tell the types that you own.

A Schick M1 Adjustable that was new when I bought it a few months ago and a Parker Adjustable v2.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.

This is a bit of a cop out but only about 25% at the moment because I’m new and going through a prolific acquisition and trial phase and there’s just so much to try. I do have a J2 with its case and a bunch of NOS blades on the way and am actively looking for a PAL Injecto-Matic, a PAL Adjustable, a Schick G4 “66” with the blue handle and textured chrome head, and a Supply 2.0. I have also backed the new Supply Kickstarter campaign, specifically for the Pro adjustable version.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.

Well, I only have the two and I assume this will change over time but I really like the Schick M1. It’s just such a well-designed and well-built little machine. The handle is just the right length and has a nice feel. There’s enough heft to make it not feel cheap and the angle is very comfortable. The amount it adjusts is impressive. I am guessing I’ll like the J2 and L’s and beyond. I’m not a big fan of short handles and the only reason I want the G is because it’s so darned pretty !

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.

I don’t have enough experience in order to provide a worthwhile answer. I’ll have to remember to come provide this answer in the future.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.

I really enjoy injector razors for many reasons. It took some practice for me to get the hang of it. Nothing outrageous but I personally didn’t get great shaves right away.

Now that I am more comfortable shaving with them, I find the angle to be more natural to me most of the time. There are a few spots that require a bit of finesse to get a good angle.

I find them easier to maintain because the blades last a long time and are resilient. I rinse my razor, shake it off, blow out any excess water and air dry. It’s already completely ready for the next time. I feel like there is always at least some amount of fussing to be done with a DE.

I don’t need to pay very much attention to the shave because it’s so easy to do once you have the feel for it. I can get effortless DFS+ shaves and be thinking about something completely different.

The last one is a bit silly but I like that it’s a somewhat fringe area of an already fringe activity. It makes it seem cool to use an injector. They were never the mainstream nor are they now. I also find them to be visually appealing.

Ok, here goes.

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.

Currently two.
2. Tell the types that you own.

A Schick M1 Adjustable that was new when I bought it a few months ago and a Parker Adjustable v2.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.

This is a bit of a cop out but only about 25% at the moment because I’m new and going through a prolific acquisition and trial phase and there’s just so much to try. I do have a J2 with its case and a bunch of NOS blades on the way and am actively looking for a PAL Injecto-Matic, a PAL Adjustable, a Schick G4 “66” with the blue handle and textured chrome head, and a Supply 2.0. I have also backed the new Supply Kickstarter campaign, specifically for the Pro adjustable version.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.

Well, I only have the two and I assume this will change over time but I really like the Schick M1. It’s just such a well-designed and well-built little machine. The handle is just the right length and has a nice feel. There’s enough heft to make it not feel cheap and the angle is very comfortable. The amount it adjusts is impressive. I am guessing I’ll like the J2 and L’s and beyond. I’m not a big fan of short handles and the only reason I want the G is because it’s so darned pretty !

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.

I don’t have enough experience in order to provide a worthwhile answer. I’ll have to remember to come provide this answer in the future.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.

I really enjoy injector razors for many reasons. It took some practice for me to get the hang of it. Nothing outrageous but I personally didn’t get great shaves right away.

Now that I am more comfortable shaving with them, I find the angle to be more natural to me most of the time. There are a few spots that require a bit of finesse to get a good angle.

I find them easier to maintain because the blades last a long time and are resilient. I rinse my razor, shake it off, blow out any excess water and air dry. It’s already completely ready for the next time. I feel like there is always at least some amount of fussing to be done with a DE.

I don’t need to pay very much attention to the shave because it’s so easy to do once you have the feel for it. I can get effortless DFS+ shaves and be thinking about something completely different.

The last one is a bit silly but I like that it’s a somewhat fringe area of an already fringe activity. It makes it seem cool to use an injector. They were never the mainstream nor are they now. I also find them to be visually appealing.
Welcome to the club!.

OK @srqshaver

1. I'm not sure. It depends on weather some truly count. For instance the Schick B anc C I have are technically not injectors they are repeating razors.
2. I have Shucks B1, C1 D, E, 3 Gs, H, I, J, K, L, M, N and an O on the way. A Pal Adjustable and a British Pal Injectomatic.
Other razors that take an injector blade but I'm not positive if they count.
An Enders Speed Razor and an Enders Speed Shaver a Wabbit and a Dehaven. Also 4 Gem micromatics that can be loaded with an injector blade. And I may have forgotten something.
3.I've never been good with % but between 1/3 and 2/3 lately.
4. The open combs are my favorite. No specific one. If the Enders counts though that razor with a Proline B20 is up there.
5. The Schick H. I like the shave but the handle is just not my favorite.
6. I love my Gem style razors especially the lather catchers but man the Injectors are sweet and I prefer the Injector blades to the Gem blades. And I especially like the Proline B20s.

I used my newly acquired Schick type O clone today with a twinjector blade. Very smooth shave. It is on the milder side but very enjoyable to use. Although the handle is a bit on the long side the grip is fantastic. And A&E The Novelist is a fantastic smelling soap, which lathers very well with the 28mm SHD Maggards badger brush. I also used the Rifle razor for the first pass on the right side of my neck. However the type O clone got most of the shave since it's been a while since I used a straight razor.

IMG_20211016_201215453-01.jpeg

IMG_20211016_202532950-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick E1 Butterscotch handle
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20211016_083759.jpg

Today's shave with the Schick M adjustable was quite nice. And I'm wearing my Casio world time today. Such a comfortable watch on a 22mm strap using the jaysandkays adapters.

IMG_20211019_084907832-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick E2 Injector Razor
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
20211023_085302.jpg

Hope this is welcom here since an injector blade was used.
I used a recently acquired Personna 74 in my Gem Micromatic Open Comb late in the day yesterday. It provided a very smooth shave. Time will tell if the legendary of their longevity is true.
Also for people more familiar with the 74s. Is it normal for the dispenser to only say Personna? I thought it would say Personna 74.

IMG_20211024_121810128-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick E2v2 Spring fixed wth tabs
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20211030_095858.jpg

Top Bottom