What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Hi Everyone - I have been duly remiss in not posting my many wonderful shaves with my adjustable Schick Injector recently and will take steps to correct that error! Meanwhile I have truly been enjoying some of my injector shaves after a shaky start with an E3. So much so in fact I wanted to look into snagging a backup adjustable just in case it suffers an ill-timed fall or other mishap. But that led me to thinking what other injectors I might look into as well.

My sweet spot with the adjustable currently is between setting 3 and 5. I definitely prefer the longer handle on the adjustable versus my E3 as well so long handled recommendations would be ideal. Any other Schick types I should keep an eye out for with the above parameters?

Thanks!

After my second use, I gave this Schick a close inspection. There is work to be done, aligning the safety bar.
That crazy skew is not a phone camera/lens/lighting artifact. It is all too real.

View attachment 1364851

Dang. Be very careful adjusting that. From my understanding brass can be tricky to adjust like that. Although I did have to do some adjustments on my type B to tighten up the head so it wouldn't pivot unintentionally while shaving. When I got it it wouldn't stay put and was bordering on floppy. I removed the head secured it on a wooden block and carefully tapped on it with another wooden block. I used pine or another soft wood like it knowing it was softer than the brass and shouldn't leave any marks.

Hi Everyone - I have been duly remiss in not posting my many wonderful shaves with my adjustable Schick Injector recently and will take steps to correct that error! Meanwhile I have truly been enjoying some of my injector shaves after a shaky start with an E3. So much so in fact I wanted to look into snagging a backup adjustable just in case it suffers an ill-timed fall or other mishap. But that led me to thinking what other injectors I might look into as well.

My sweet spot with the adjustable currently is between setting 3 and 5. I definitely prefer the longer handle on the adjustable versus my E3 as well so long handled recommendations would be ideal. Any other Schick types I should keep an eye out for with the above parameters?

Thanks!
The Schick J, K, L, M and N all had longer handles. The longest Schick handle I have is a yellow Lady eversharp type K. As a general rule the further alone the alphabet you go the milder the razors get. At least in my experience. The O also has a long handle but they are nearly as rare as unicorn tears. I have the O clone and it's quite mild. If you have a choice for a reasonable price the Hydro-Magics are very nice.
Here is a picture of my Lady Eversharp. I will try to remember to get a picture next to my Type M adjustable for you tomorrow since I believe that the razor you said you have.

IMG_20210901_132205259-01.jpeg

I had an excellent shave with my Schick type I Hydro-Magic. I really like the patina the brass is developing. Today was the first use of my new copper Zenith B36 boar brush, which my wife got me for my birthday. It is super scrubby. This is the lower loft version so I expected it to be as such. However I'm sure it will soften considerably with a bit of use. I may get the higher loft version too in the future. I'm looking forward to watching the patina develop on the copper.
Today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22mm strap using Jays&Kays adapters.

IMG_20211119_084149043-01.jpeg
IMG_20211118_194849572-01.jpeg
IMG_20211118_195522998-01.jpeg

Thanks Dave. I wasnt really looking for any more injectors, but these just fell into my lap. Luckily Hydro-Magic was the one model I’ve been wanting to try. Now I have two of them.

As you can see from my last post that's the razor I used today. They are great shavers. Congrats.

Thanks!
The Schick J, K, L, M and N all had longer handles. The longest Schick handle I have is a yellow Lady eversharp type K. As a general rule the further alone the alphabet you go the milder the razors get. At least in my experience. The O also has a long handle but they are nearly as rare as unicorn tears. I have the O clone and it's quite mild. If you have a choice for a reasonable price the Hydro-Magics are very nice.
Here is a picture of my Lady Eversharp. I will try to remember to get a picture next to my Type M adjustable for you tomorrow since I believe that the razor you said you have.

View attachment 1365448

Here is the lineup on those razors to compare handle length from left to right. J, K, L, M, N, O
Funny lining them up I see that the K isn't any longer than the J which may actually be a hair longer. I'd have to measure to be sure.
like I said earlier in my experience the razors get milder as they work your way from A towards O. There are exceptions and certain types have many variations. From what I've seen the L seems to be one of the most readily available of the group, they can also be found quite reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

I picked the Schick C1 for my shave today. I wanted to use the Zenith Boar my wife got me for my birthday on my birthday so I shaved again today even though I don't normally shave every day. It was a very good shave. And although I don't usually take the time to do it I think I could shave every day if they all went this smoothly.

IMG_20211120_072356858-01.jpeg

Razor: Ronson Shaves and Sharpens
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20211120_093322.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Nov 21st 2021

Razor: Schick G type injector, Canadian variant-Mfg 1940's& 50's, mid range, easy to work the face, good results usually.
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out over time, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irish Country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector G type with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD, Nov 21, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Oops I forgot it was Micromatic Monday when I grabbed a razor this morning.
The Mitchell's lathered better today than it previously has but could still use some improvement.
The Veg has never let me down. And the Wabbit by @twhite is a fantastic and very efficient razor.

IMG_22112021_151135_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

I had an awesome shave with this Gem Featherweight that my kids got me for my birthday. The top cap was slightly pitted which gave me an excuse to sand it down to bare brass. This horse hair brush sheds A LOT. I ended up switching to a synthetic half way through the shave.

IMG_20211123_094523200-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick K1 Lady Eversharp Turquoise
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
20211124_093833.jpg

Razor: Schick L3 The Grip
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White fan
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
20211125_084425.jpg

I was so busy yesterday I didn't get around to posting this fantastic shave. The J.A. Henckels Rapide razor performed flawlessly and the Mer Shavings Fougère Orange whipped up wonderfully with a Zenith Boar brush.

IMG_20211126_082157214-01.jpeg

Razor: Schick G1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20211127_082715.jpg

I had an excellent shave this morning with the British Pal Injectomatic. Today was also the first use of my recently finished brush with a Maggard 70/30 mixed badger boar knot. Seems like a great knot and it should improve even more as it breaks in. The Zenith Boar was also used to continue its break in. I'm going to need to make a custom stand for the Zenith as it doesn't fit in any of my current stands. I finished things of with a blend of Thayers balm and The Novelist by A&E. Today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22mm nato strap using Jays&Kays adapters.

IMG_20211130_085658401-01.jpeg
IMG_20211130_101311841-01.jpeg

Two Hydro-Magics arrived today. One made in the US and the other in Canada.
BFC5B14B-CEB6-474F-A9FC-EDFA05C2490C.jpeg

What I want to know is if any of those little lever things do anything,
or if I should leave them alone. I have this urge to be pulling and pushing on them.
91F127FF-8B13-4DFB-A6F6-057203091B50.jpeg

Top Bottom