What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

So this was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work....Exciting!

C4185158-DEEC-402C-852F-77E0AEC3285F.jpeg

Had a couple of sniffs of things I’ve been wanting to try. First impressions;

Arko - smells like disenfectant, hard no.

Cella - Faint almond scent.

Aramis - Nice cologney (sp) scent

Penhaligons english fern- mild, green, pleasant.

Mikes Barbershop - one of my favorites. Vaguely like Fine American Blend, which I love.

B&M Vespers - like this a lot. Think it was a seasonal release. It smells warm, inviting.

B&M reserve cool and reserve waves -
I like both of these. The waves smells blue barbershoppy, like Epsilon blue.

That’s it for now

For my first shave I chose..... MdC Fougere. It’s a soap I’ve wanted to see what the fuss was about. There are 3 MdC soaps in the box. Unscented, Original and Fougere. The Original smells very faintly minty, so I chose the Fougere which I liked better.

I’ve never scooped from a sample and shaved so was a little unsure how much to take but think I got it right.

I used my Razorock Snowman, Gillette Super Speed and an Astra Superior Platinum. Followed it up with some Speick AS.

It’s really really easy to lather this. Instantly had lather which was a little airy, but worked it a bit and got a nice creamy lather. The scent is fairly mild also. It’s my first Fougere scent and I do like it but not sure I would buy a tub of the stuff. It smells GREEN to me, if you can describe a scent by color. It’s a scent that could grow on me I feel.

It’s maybe a little drying to my face. Not bad. I’m probably going to use a balm as well as the splash.

I currently have box 4. Waiting to hear if the next person on the list wants to skip. He was going to review the content list and let me know. Then it is either moving onto him or the next person on the list...

I have box 3 and will get it out in the mail on Monday. @ryinzana go ahead and send #4 on when you're ready (no rush though).

About 4 weeks ago I started online grad school in the middle of working close to full time and so that plus a family of 5 means I haven't had much extra time to do anything. I'm sitting on 4 or 5 reviews from box 2 and a couple from box 3. I'll do my best to post them up at some point as I've been keeping notes but these next few weeks are going to be busy.

I apologize for holding up progress a bit, but I very much appreciate the opportunity to sniff a bunch of scents and try out a few soaps that I hadn't previously had experience with.

I have box 3 and will get it out in the mail on Monday. @ryinzana go ahead and send #4 on when you're ready (no rush though).

About 4 weeks ago I started online grad school in the middle of working close to full time and so that plus a family of 5 means I haven't had much extra time to do anything. I'm sitting on 4 or 5 reviews from box 2 and a couple from box 3. I'll do my best to post them up at some point as I've been keeping notes but these next few weeks are going to be busy.

I apologize for holding up progress a bit, but I very much appreciate the opportunity to sniff a bunch of scents and try out a few soaps that I hadn't previously had experience with.

Box four is one of the better boxes. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Have to live your life man. I've been a little slow to post too due to us having a new baby early on while I was receiving the boxes. I think the boxes have been moving pretty well now, with little delay (note to others in the thread, one member dropped out and we've been trying to stagger things so no one is sitting with multiple boxes).

Shaved with B&M Vespers last night.
The scent description has it based on a winter festival in Germany, so cranberry, fir, pine nutmeg type scent.
My unsophisticated nose doesn’t really pick out any of these individual scents but it smells lovely.
I would buy this if it ever gets released again.
The lather seemed a little airy, lots of bubbles, but I’m sure that was down to me. It’s hard to know how much to scoop out for each soap and get the ratio right. The shave was still great.
I’m waiting on @FloorPizza response to ship the box on.

A. Feitar - Skipping box 5.
2. ryinzana - In possession Box 4.
3. jldallas - Skipping the rest of the boxes
4. spolct - in possession Box 3.
5. Montgomery115 - Box #1 shipped to catchacoolbreez today (10/16)
6. catchacoolbreeze
7. CJB3 -
8. boghopper - in possession of box 2
9. FloorPizza
10. mrlandpirate
11. kooldecker
12. dezmil
13. Joshua223
14. Schinny
15. Psusocr
16. SailFast
17. Blaidth