What's new

Soap Forum Member Spotlight clyde72 #10

Readers of the Soap Forum. It is time for our 10th installment of the Soap Forum Member Spotlight. And I would like to introduce you all to @clyde72 also known as Craig, coming from Alabama. If you need a whiskey recommendation this is your guy! I hope to one day sit back relax enjoy a nice bourbon and a cigar with Craig. I am sure after reading you will also want to do so.

1. Name, job field, age/generation:
Craig, Electronic Maintenance Technician (Basically means I'm an electrician) last of the Baby Boomers

2. What’s the meaning behind your username?:
Old High School nickname and football number. (see #11)

3. When did you join B&B and why did you join us?:
Just a little over 2 years ago. I was researching dollar shave club and kept see references to "Wet Shaving" and "Traditional Wet Shaving" and searching that out lead me here.

4. Talk to us about your acquisition disorders:
I think it would be easier to talk about the ones I don't have. I started pretty basic and it just exploded from there. SAD, CAD, RAD, BAD, FAD, I'm pretty much down the rabbit hole.

5. Favorite soap and why?:
Ohhh that is a tough one. Of the ones I've used to date I would say
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti, but then again it's hard to knock a $1.50 per puck of Williams Mug Shave Soap.

6. How do you lather?:
Scuttle, love the warm lather on my skin and I fell I have better control than face lathering.

7. Tallow vs. Veg vs. Glycerin:
Slight and I do mean slight edge to Tallow. There are alot of "vegan" soaps out there.

8. 3017 or variety? If Variety have you ever used up a soap?
Variety for sure! Yes I did the 2017 Williams challenge.

9. Did B&B introduce you to anything else? Like Nib, photography, etc.?:
No not really. Kinda pushed me into my 1st pipes, but I was already on the ledge.

10. Favorite sub forum on B&B not named Soap?:
Journals, I really enjoy reading about others experiences in this hobby. I've made some good friends there and gotten some great guidance!

11. Tell us a story:
My1st day of spring football practice, one of the assistant coaches, whom I had known for 10 years or more, looked straight at me and couldn't remember my name and called me Clyde. One time mind you! The next day people I didn't even know were calling me Clyde. It stuck!! To this day I'm sure there are people I went to high school with that don't know my real name.

12. Soap or Cream?:
I'm a soap guy, but I do and always will have some Proraso and Taylor of Old Bond Street creams in my den.

Once again thanks Craig for taking the time to answer the questions for us. It has a been a pleasure getting to know you a little better.

Do you want to be showcased in the Soap Forum? Please head over to this thread

Member Spotlights

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
12. Soap or Cream?:
I'm a soap guy, but I do and always will have some Proraso and Taylor of Old Bond Street creams in my den.

Nice job "Clyde" :ihih: and I suppose I can forgive you liking Proraso and TOBS creams. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom