What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

IMG_2178.jpeg

This arrived yesterday

I'm in Canada. Not many unripe peaches waiting to be picked up here. 🤷‍♂️
End of season for peaches right now. They’re generally a summer staple. Most fruit and vegetable producers will pick their stuff slightly underripe so that it will be less likely to get damaged during harvest and shipping. Tomatoes, peaches, nectarines and green bell peppers are prime examples. If I drive 10-15 minutes out of town from where I work there’s a lot of tomato farms and I’ve seen a lot of trucks loaded with them

I ordered Noble Otter's newest release. The limited edition "Queen"

It's part of their equally limited "Card Series".. which consists of "Joker", "Jack", "Queen", "King" and "Ace" which are being released over a period of time rather than all at once. Joker and Jack were released previously.. now Queen just came out a few days ago (10th Oct) then King and Ace will follow on 23rd November I believe it is. I think those two are to be released together on that date, unlike the others.

I hadn't purchased Joker or Jack as they didn't really seem to appeal or stand out to me.

But I saw Queen and was drawn by the artwork, then I read about it and it sounded like something I might enjoy too.. so I ordered a tub of shaving soap along with the matching Queen splash.

The description goes "Introducing "Queen" - our first fragrance leaning more feminine, a blend that exudes regality and elegance. Marigold dances with honey, jasmine serenades ylang-ylang, all wrapped in the embrace of benzoin and musk. Join the court and embrace your inner royalty."

Sounds interesting to me anyways! 😁 I fragrance hobbyist for many years before I got into the shaving hobby so releases such as this often intrigue me. I love new and original scent creations and I appreciate artisans crafting their own original fragrances rather than dupes.

Like most Noble Otter the label looks really beautiful also. I think their label artwork is second to none. Yeah, I know you can't shave with the label but as wetshaving hobbyists some of us care about everything, the whole package so to speak. 😊

If I'm not mistaken this would be the first depiction of the famous Noble Otter as a female. It must be Mr Otter's wife. 🤭

proxy.php

My most recent soap/splash purchase was of Ariana and Evans new limited edition Halloween 2023 release called "Lurch and Fester", named after the characters from the classic TV show "The Addams Family". As a big fan of all things spooky and a lover of classic film/TV I figured I'd have to give this one a try!

From what I've read it is a brand new vegan soap base which has not even been officially released yet. It is called the VR2 base and seems to be an updated/improved soap base to follow up on their original vegan VR1 base.

I've never actually had any Ariana and Evans soap before. I'd read somewhere that some of their bases contained pig's fat so I was reluctant to buy any as I wasn't sure which ones contained it. However, this being a vegan release I have nothing to worry about. While taking somewhat of a gamble on a artisan I've never tried before but it'll be nice to try something new out.

The website describes "Lurch and Fester" as somewhat of a combination of two previous releases of theirs, "Khalifa" and "Vanille de Tabac". The box art is quite nice with a black and white promotional image from the show.

Looking forward to trying it out! I ordered their matching "Lurch and Fester" aftershave splash too.

From the Ariana and Evans website:

proxy.php

Just stopped short of ordering a jar of Arko! a few minutes ago. I've never tried it.

#wrong_thread
#sad_trombone

My most recent soap/splash purchase was of Ariana and Evans new limited edition Halloween 2023 release called "Lurch and Fester", named after the characters from the classic TV show "The Addams Family". As a big fan of all things spooky and a lover of classic film/TV I figured I'd have to give this one a try!

From what I've read it is a brand new vegan soap base which has not even been officially released yet. It is called the VR2 base and seems to be an updated/improved soap base to follow up on their original vegan VR1 base.

I've never actually had any Ariana and Evans soap before. I'd read somewhere that some of their bases contained pig's fat so I was reluctant to buy any as I wasn't sure which ones contained it. However, this being a vegan release I have nothing to worry about. While taking somewhat of a gamble on a artisan I've never tried before but it'll be nice to try something new out.

The website describes "Lurch and Fester" as somewhat of a combination of two previous releases of theirs, "Khalifa" and "Vanille de Tabac". The box art is quite nice with a black and white promotional image from the show.

Looking forward to trying it out! I ordered their matching "Lurch and Fester" aftershave splash too.

From the Ariana and Evans website:

proxy.php
Let us know what you think,I have the soap and splash saved in my basket🤔

I used them yesterday!

You should be able to find my full review in the "what did you use today + rate the shave 1-10" thread! 😎

Link to my post:

I was just thinking, if you don't want to take the gamble I suppose I could send you a little sample pot of the soap if you like. I just noticed you seem to be in Scotland. I'm just across the water in Northern Ireland!

It would be perfectly clean as I only scoop my soaps. I just take some out with clean spoon then put it in a lathering bowl. The only thing, it could take a few days getting the sample to you though as I'd need to order some sample pots online as I have no new ones here.

The risk being that maybe by the time the pots arrive with me (probably a couple of working days and then another day for the post to get it from me to you) maybe the soap could be sold out on the store you are viewing it on by then. I think it's in quite limited quantities and just a limited release for Halloween. 🤔

I suppose I could re-fill one of my pre-used sample pots, which would be faster, I should have some laying around as I bought a bunch of samples from Maggard's.. I'd think if I washed it out well all the previous soap's smell should be gone from it so it wouldn't clash with the A&E.

But then again, maybe like me, you might just enjoy the thrill of blind buying! 😄

I was just thinking, if you don't want to take the gamble I suppose I could send you a little sample pot of the soap if you like. I just noticed you seem to be in Scotland. I'm just across the water in Northern Ireland!

It would be perfectly clean as I only scoop my soaps. I just take some out with clean spoon then put it in a lathering bowl. The only thing, it could take a few days getting the sample to you though as I'd need to order some sample pots online as I have no new ones here.

The risk being that maybe by the time the pots arrive with me (probably a couple of working days and then another day for the post to get it from me to you) maybe the soap could be sold out on the store you are viewing it on by then. I think it's in quite limited quantities and just a limited release for Halloween. 🤔

I suppose I could re-fill one of my pre-used sample pots, which would be faster, I should have some laying around as I bought a bunch of samples from Maggard's.. I'd think if I washed it out well all the previous soap's smell should be gone from it so it wouldn't clash with the A&E.

But then again, maybe like me, you might just enjoy the thrill of blind buying! 😄
Cheers for the offer bro,but I have them saved in my "Slickboys" basket,so I'll probably just order them,thanks anyway,it's appreciated👍...p.s.,I'm normally over in Ulster,sometimes 4 or 5 times a year😉

Top Bottom