What's new

So sharp its scary

ASR is Personna, but the Treet blades are different than the Gems from Walgreens. The Treet blades are uncoated carbon steel, and are my favorite SE blade. They will rust rather quickly of they aren't dried thoroughly right after each use. I also store them in a plastic airtight container.

Tom is so right!!! Smoothest shave I have ever had is with the Treet blade in a 1912! The Gem blade lasts longer, but isn't anywhere as smooth.

Guys, I so want to like this style of shaving so I will have another go at it.

I have a Gem MicroMatic Clog and this box of blades.

Should I be able to get a decent shave with this combo ?

Yep, as long as you remember WTG only, like so

proxy.php

Maybe a definite possibility. The Clog Pruf is my favorite in the Micromatic line, but I don't care much for the PAL blades. They seem a little rough for me but some guys really like them. If you can get some of the stainless Gems from Walgreens, or maybe some Treets to have for comparison would probably help.

I've been using the MMCP with a Walgreens Gem blade for the past week.

While you might shave WTG at first, just to get a feel for the razor, have no fear about going ATG, XTG - be very careful on the upper lip - and touch-ups.

Also, watch Mr. Guy's video on the MM Open Comb; it really helped me coax the very best out of the MMCP.

Not sure about those "Industrial" blades. The pack of my PAL blades says "Super" and looks like this:

proxy.php

Not sure about those "Industrial" blades. The pack of my PAL blades says "Super" and looks like this:

proxy.php

I think they're the same blades. "Industrial" in this case refers to the medical industry. The blades that you get from a medical supply house like Ted Pella come packaged this way. They should be fine.

My guess is not that the blade is that much sharper, but that you found the best blade angle with a more aggressive razor.

Last edited:
I think they're the same blades. "Industrial" in this case refers to the medical industry. The blades that you get from a medical supply house like Ted Pella come packaged this way. They should be fine.

Ah, that's good to know.

And, PS, thanks for your service! :001_smile

Top Bottom