What's new

So I wanted some summer shave cream…..

I recently finished a puck of Tabac. I had no more soaps or creams in my bathroom, which is odd as I usually have a few going at once. I thought, what would make a good summer cream? Palmolive with menthol would! I love that stuff. I went on eBay and low and behold, I was already watching a 3pack of exactly what I wanted. A great price too!
F6471674-39D6-4B1C-8684-4CCAA3D9E53D.jpeg

I got ready to buy 3 tubes and I thought that I should check in my box of shaving goodies in my basement before I clicked buy. I thought I might have a tube of some obscure cream or something. It’s a good thing I did. I had 6 tubes of Palmolive already! I must’ve ordered them while drinking as I have no recollection of ever buying them, lol.

Moral of the story….check your stash before you buy, or don’t eBay drunk!

I once ordered a soap and my order was canceled. A few months later I was going to reorder it, but I never finished the checkout. Latter that week I found a tub of it where I had already reordered and forgot about it. (heavy menthol at the beginning of winter)

You're not the only one. LOL.

I recently finished a puck of Tabac. I had no more soaps or creams in my bathroom, which is odd as I usually have a few going at once. I thought, what would make a good summer cream? Palmolive with menthol would! I love that stuff. I went on eBay and low and behold, I was already watching a 3pack of exactly what I wanted. A great price too!
View attachment 1642194

I got ready to buy 3 tubes and I thought that I should check in my box of shaving goodies in my basement before I clicked buy. I thought I might have a tube of some obscure cream or something. It’s a good thing I did. I had 6 tubes of Palmolive already! I must’ve ordered them while drinking as I have no recollection of ever buying them, lol.

Moral of the story….check your stash before you buy, or don’t eBay drunk!
That's a good one!

Please try this one.

It has milder cooling effects than Proraso green and Palmolive mentholated do.
This one and the regular are set aside for my headshaves once I’m through the Bulgarian Top Ten cream.

Please try this one.

It has milder cooling effects than Proraso green and Palmolive mentholated do.
In my experience it is the other way round. Out of all 3 the LEA Menthol is the most freezing. Also I get much less close shaves with the LEA compared to Proraso and Palmolive.

Apologies, Top Ten is the brand name, they only have 3? @ivan_101 different flavors.

View attachment 1642325
4. I have yet to try the Active charcoal. Top Ten | Rubella Beauty - https://rubella.eu/en/our-brands/top-ten/

Derby menthol was a decent cream as well, if you can find a deal. I think Palmolive takes the bang for your buck award though. At least where I live. I used to like another English (maybe Egyptian?) menthol cream, but I can’t remember the name. The scent was wonderful but it started showing up all curdled. Palmolive is just so affordable compared to the other greats, and it definitely gives a great shave in my opinion.

Derby menthol was a decent cream as well, if you can find a deal. I think Palmolive takes the bang for your buck award though. At least where I live. I used to like another English (maybe Egyptian?) menthol cream, but I can’t remember the name. The scent was wonderful but it started showing up all curdled. Palmolive is just so affordable compared to the other greats, and it definitely gives a great shave in my opinion.
Ingram Cool perhaps?

Top Bottom