What's new

So, I just shaved my wifes legs.

I used my brush :)001_smile), the TOBS Avacado Shaving Cream I "got for her" and her baby blue Lady Gillette with a new Personna blade.

Soooooo smooth! I asked her how it felt and she said "better than I have ever done."

Success!!!

The downside here is that she may take 'her' shave cream... :bored:

The upside, I will be getting her a brush of her own!!!

That's ok. TOBS avocado smells like an old lady anyways. Congrats. My wife won't let me near her with a razor.

Dr. Bronner's makes a shave gel that differs from their soaps primarily in that it adds shikakai, which is an Asian seed, IIRC. It doesn't do much for me (poor lather, very little cushion) but my wife took my castoff tube a couple years ago and has been a loyal customer ever sense. But I wouldn't trust myself to hand a blade on her skin.

Try a straight razor, I shave my wife's legs about once a month with a straight, she loves the pampering and the sound a full hollow grind makes.

That's great Marathon, I should have tried getting my wife a ladies DE but she permanently barrowed :001_smileone of my Gillette techs, uses my Crystal blades and a permanently barrowed EJ badger brush, bought her a nice bowl so she uses my Cella croap. As they say "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Had the chance last week to do this for the Mrs. as well. She said I had bothered her long enough to finally give it a try. I used a 37c with a personna blade in it. She laughed at how small it was....the razor fellas, the RAZOR! Anyhow, she said the the razor wasn't going to mow through her growth because I wasn't pressing hard enough. I was already on the second leg when she realized her legs were super smooth. She agreed that the DE was a great option, but felt that she was taking away from something that I enjoyed. She was happy that I was so interested in this hobby, but said she'd "leave it to the guys".

In the end, she gave it a whirl, will stick with carts, but happy to report she found a generic brand of blades that work for her...and only cost $5 for 5 carts. Not bad IMHO.

Top Bottom