What's new

My wife is deciding on a ladies safety razor.

Greetings all.

At the moment my wife is using a Gillette Venus multi-blade razor. I have suggested that I get her a ladies safety razor. She is a bit uncertain at the moment, though I have told her that she will get a far better shave on her legs with a safety than with a multi-blade.

Any tips for my wife please?

Thanks. Jason.
Henson without a doubt the + version.

Legion

Staff member
The Lady Gillette is a fancy Superspeed on a long handle and I think it is a thing of beauty. It is an excellent mild shaver similar to a flare tip; I have used one many times. They are inexpensive unless you want a rare colour or mint cased example. That would be my choice.

View attachment 1692904
If one of these is too expensive or hard to find, my wife uses a vintage slim twist, which still has the longer handle, and basically the same head.

Hi,

I bought my wife a Lady Gillette and a Lady version of the Schick Injector. Longer handles, you see. She liked the Lady Gillette far more than the Injector.

This is a shot of the sink in the bathroom. My Grandfather's Old Type and my Fasan DoubleSlant and...her Lady Gillette.

Stan

I got LOTH a Mühle R89 with a rose gold handle. She uses it sparingly but reports good success with it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
+2! Lady Gillette! Yes, indeed! You beat me to that classic suggestion. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I got that Lady Gillette for only $3 dollars from an antique store back in 2011. Didn’t have a case, but the razor looked brand new. :)

That was back before a lot of places hadn’t realized yet how popular and sought after they we’re becoming.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Body Shop gel is good stuff.
Altho you might get her to try one of your creams, with or without brush.
from my own experience, changing wife to a safety razor is big uphill, probably not worth effort.
alternate tact is to encourage frequent changes of the cartridge to insure clean blades.

My wife couldn’t resist. Cuz she has me shaving her legs 90% of the time with her safety razor. She’s a pretty clever girl. ;)

My wife also has a blue Lady Gillette. A couple years ago she added a Schick Type K2 injector - she doesn't claim to have a strong preference either way, but seems to prefer the injector at least in practice, because it's out much more.

I've seen others recommend the Krona as another option, due to the longer handle.

Last edited:
I gave my wife a Lady Gillette and a Schick Lady Eversharp Type K1 injector, she likes the long handles on both but uses the Schick K1 most of the time.

I am a guy long time leg shaver, yes I believe it helps me swim faster :) probably the placebo effect. Anyways, I find a light aluminum razor is best as I can just grip it with two fingers and lightly swipe it up and down in the shower. I don't even use soap, I just use the water as my lubricant and I get really close long lasting shaves. I found other metal razors much too heavy to maneuver along all those uneven surfaces of the legs safely in the shower.

I employed one of my razors I could not sell on the BST along with some crappy blades I don't use for my face. It is a RazoRock Switch which also allows me to use it as a shavette but I prefer its DE configuration for shower shaves. The Switch has a nice black anodized finish that makes it plenty grippy for the shower.

Last edited:
Hi
I am a guy long time leg shaver, yes I believe it helps me swim faster :) probably the placebo effect. Anyways, I find a light aluminum razor is best as I can just grip it with two fingers and lightly swipe it up and down in the shower. I don't even use soap, I just use the water as my lubricant and I get really close long lasting shaves. I found other metal razors much too heavy to maneuver along all those uneven surfaces of the legs safely in the shower.

I employed one of my razors I could not sell on the BST along with some crappy blades I don't use for my face. It is a RazoRock Switch which also allows me to use it as a shavette but I prefer its DE configuration for shower shaves. The Switch has a nice black anodized finish that makes it plenty grippy for the shower.
Hi,

I have this mental image of the scene where DiCaprio was playing Howard Hughes, running his hand along the skin, saying the rivets had to be flush. Lower drag.

Except, it's you and your leg and it's the hair that has to be flush.

Hey, you might pick up an extra knot of speed. Like the WWII US submarines did by keeping the turbo blowers for the ballast tanks running on the surface. Formed bubbles which lowered the skin resistance. Gained them an extra knot of speed.

Stan

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Mrs. Raven uses a Merkur 34C and my daughter likes my Black Handled Super Speed. They both continue to prefer a DE over their previous method of carts.

Top Bottom