What's new

My wife is deciding on a ladies safety razor.

Greetings all.

At the moment my wife is using a Gillette Venus multi-blade razor. I have suggested that I get her a ladies safety razor. She is a bit uncertain at the moment, though I have told her that she will get a far better shave on her legs with a safety than with a multi-blade.

Any tips for my wife please?

Thanks. Jason.

The Leaf flexing triple-blade single-edge razor.
Let her pick out the color.
Get the matching stand for it.

Load the blades for her.
I use the India Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack blades.
I snapped them in half and loaded the blades for her before she used it the first time.
I change them out whenever she asks me to.

She doesn’t have to waste money on the Gillette Venus razors anymore.

Edwin Jagger makes ladies razors. Here is an example:

IMG_0600.jpeg

She is using The Body Shop gel.

Jason.
Body Shop gel is good stuff.
Altho you might get her to try one of your creams, with or without brush.
from my own experience, changing wife to a safety razor is big uphill, probably not worth effort.
alternate tact is to encourage frequent changes of the cartridge to insure clean blades.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Rockwell 6c or 6s. Plate #1 will lend some confidence and make it very difficult to cut in more "delicate" areas. Other plates will allow for more efficiency and the ability try some differentblade gaps. Good weight. 3 piece is a better choice IMHO. A longer handle may be in order down the road...

PLUS- get her a giant brush. Synthetic I'm thinking. And some girly soaps.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Lady Gillette is a fancy Superspeed on a long handle and I think it is a thing of beauty. It is an excellent mild shaver similar to a flare tip; I have used one many times. They are inexpensive unless you want a rare colour or mint cased example. That would be my choice.

1965_(K1)_Lady_Gillette_blue.JPG

Thanks to all of you for all your replies. Much appreciated. She seems happy enough using her Venus razor but would love to see her one day follow in my footsteps by switching to a safety razor.

I have plenty of Nacets and Astra blades so I am more than happy to share them with her!

Jason.

My wife also used the Venus until a couple of years ago when I convinced her to try some of my DE razors.

After trying 3 or 4 different ones she fell in love with the Henson mild with PermaSharp blades and although I coerced her into trying a few more DE's she's "set for life" with the Henson. She does use the Leaf Twig for underarms but I think that's mainly because she bought it and wants to keep it.

She has two Hensons, an original in the coral color and a version 2 in blue.

I got my wife a really nice Lady Gillette a while back and she’s used it for years. She just uses whatever blades I have around, which has mostly been Astra SP. I’ve thought about getting her a Henson just to change it up a bit, but she doesn’t care either way. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Come to think of it, she had a vintage Gillette WAY before I ever did.

She also used a Venus before switching to a DE.

Body Shop gel is good stuff.
Altho you might get her to try one of your creams, with or without brush.
from my own experience, changing wife to a safety razor is big uphill, probably not worth effort.
alternate tact is to encourage frequent changes of the cartridge to insure clean blades.
@JasonJT
Next time you're on St James or Jermyn St for that matter, stop in and get her a tub of Truefitt's Ultimate Comfort cream. It's labeled as unscented but carries a nice lavender aroma from the oil used in its formulation.

Top Bottom