What's new

Snuff Journey of the Rat

Side note... I really don't like the tap boxes... I find myself preferring to pinch from a tin/box, not tap out a portion... Going to need to order several tins/smash boxes.

its funny, I really like the box car method so I prefer tap boxes but most people seem to hate them. the only issue is the moisture retaining problems

its funny, I really like the box car method so I prefer tap boxes but most people seem to hate them. the only issue is the moisture retaining problems

Box car seems to be the only real good option for use with those types of box. I didn't mind that method, but I prefer the pinch and rub while sniffing to release a bit extra of the flavor.

So the Poschl Gawith Cola, starting to like it ok. The cola part is a bit subdued over all, with the menthol complimenting it without completely drowning it out. I would like to try the other colas out there and find one with a bit more cola and less menthol, but at least this one isn't a product I hate.

Really liking the Silver Dollar Apricot. Great longevity for a dry snuff, and pretty mellow when you take a pinch. Doesn't really burn, and I've not had issue with it hitting the back of the throat. I'm putting this one on a buy again list for sure.

RockIt Cherry Pop is also on the list of buy again. Just a great cherry to it, with just a mellow bit of menthol.

Silver Dollar has a Cola, might be worth trying. Also, Mr. Snuff DOES have SG Cola in stock, but something is going on with their labeling and the product image shows Chocolate. They list it as "Samuel Gawith SG Cola", which is why I couldn't find it at first. Definitely a must try if you're liking the colas, it was my favorite of the 5 SGs that I first tried.

I also have the Gawith Hoggarth Cherry. Anyone else familiar with that brand? The one I have is really really powdery/dry, and I'm trying to find out if that is the 10g tap box dry out issue, or if it's just that way in general.

I never have any go down my throat during the initial sniffing, but about 5 minutes later I can usually feel a little come down the back of my throat. Is this normal? What can I work on to improve it?

I never have any go down my throat during the initial sniffing, but about 5 minutes later I can usually feel a little come down the back of my throat. Is this normal? What can I work on to improve it?

That's often been my experience as well. I think it's just some excess bits traveling further into the back of the throat as I breathe and sniff a bit to catch the scent from the pinch. I tried going with smaller pinches and that seemed to help a little bit. Also, not really sniffing hard even for a few minutes after the pinch helped.

On the MrSnuff website, it lists the Silver Dollar Apricot as mentholated... I don't get any menthol at all from it. It's also supposed to be re-branded Toque, as is all the SD line, but it has way better longevity than the Toque black cherry or raspberry. Makes me wonder if it is just re-branded or if it's slightly reformulated as well for the SD line.

The Gawith Hoggart Cherry is so dry, it just pours out of the tap box without any need to tap it at all. Makes me think it must be one of the 10g boxes that is completely dried out, as they have been reported to do easily. The flavor on it is pretty subdued as well, could be due to the EO drying out?

Winter dry air + well mentholated snuff in the end does bad things to me... seemed to really dry out the skin around the nostrils badly, so I'm backing away from the real menthol stuff for now. So, Viking Peach, Silver Dollar Apricot, and the menthol in the Rockit Cherry Pop is light enough that's fine as well. At home is the Toque raspberry and black cherry, so that is the home snuff at this point.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
@Shave_Rat are you still using snuff? I enjoyed this thread very much and I'm wondering what your experiences are 6 years into it. Any suggestions for a new snuffer?

Plus, this thread needs a revival!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
@Shave_Rat are you still using snuff? I enjoyed this thread very much and I'm wondering what your experiences are 6 years into it. Any suggestions for a new snuffer?

Plus, this thread needs a revival!
Glad you found this thread and got it going again. My first experience with snuff, I think was 1969 or 1970. One of the quick marts in Clemson sold a few English snuffs of the same brand. Someone brought one to our house and the rest was history. We were stuffing all kinds of stuff up our noses anyway at the time. Anyway I loved the menthol stuff. After that semester, we all went home for the summer and I didn’t pick it up again until maybe seven or eight years ago when I found a guy in Florida selling a lot of different brands and flavors so I bought several and still have a few left but running low. I’m using it a lot now so ordered more and hope to receive it in a few days. Particularly interesting are the Indian snuffs for strength and really fine flavors - excepting the “White” which will put you on the floor if you hit it too hard and the nic hit is large. They were out of that so I ordered “White Elephant”. The review indicates it is strong like the a white but no mention the flavor. The White is pure funk Almost embarrassing to enjoy it. I was able to get a 25g tin of Dolokia Kamal which is much too good to describe.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I have 5 snuff orders on the way from England at the moment...over to weeks and still waiting. Hoping for it to arrive soon. I have a sampler of 6 photo in the mix. We'll see how I like it. I have a lot of variety in my orders, I stand to learn a lot at the very least. I'm excited to receive my orders.

Top Bottom