What's new

Snuff Journey of the Rat

I saw it to late. Don't worry, you will probably order more.

Owen is right, you will be ordering more. I'll be interested in seeing your reviews of the incoming stuff.
If you ordered the 10gm tap boxes, just remember to put those in an air tight container when you not using them. They have a tendency to dry up pretty quick.

Owen is right, you will be ordering more. I'll be interested in seeing your reviews of the incoming stuff.
If you ordered the 10gm tap boxes, just remember to put those in an air tight container when you not using them. They have a tendency to dry up pretty quick.

hrm... so I need to find a small airtight storage tote or some such... I can prolly find one.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I dabbled with a few tap boxes of Samuel Gawith a couple of months ago. Enjoyed it, but ended up getting a stuffy nose from it the next day if I used too much. The tap boxes dried out on me, my fault for not storing them properly. I recently got a tin of Viking Brown that I'm excited to try. It'll be about a month until I can open it, but I had surgery to open my nasal passages today, so that should make snuffing that much more enjoyable!!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of your order!

So it's possible to stuff up from using a bit too much, for some people, I am hearing. So that's something I'll have to watch for then.

It clears your nose if used properly, yet stuffs you up if abused. Interesting.

I definitely wouldn't take my experience with it as "standard" my nose is probably 75% blocked on a normal day. I have heard that once you get used to snuff, you can shovel a bunch in there.

I definitely wouldn't take my experience with it as "standard" my nose is probably 75% blocked on a normal day. I have heard that once you get used to snuff, you can shovel a bunch in there.

That made me picture some old time railway employee shovelling snuff inside my nose like it was an engine :lol:

That made me picture some old time railway employee shovelling snuff inside my nose like it was an engine :lol:

lol Now I can picture it as well...

So I have been grabbing some small hits here and there yesterday through the day, and a couple today as well, and so far, no worse for the wear.

Does make me wonder, what is the average uses per day from others that are snuff fans... Anyone?

Friend just brought over some Ozona President. A lot more moist than the stuff I currently have. I got mostly just a really nice clearing out menthol from the OP. It looks like I'll be grabbing a tin of that on my next order I put in. It only comes in the 7g boxes, but my friends has been around a while and didn't seem to be dried out... of course, I'm comparing it to the super dry powdery stuff I have... which I am still enjoying, but it does have a slight burn to it, and the Ozona Pres stuff didn't have any at all, even with the menthol in it.

Does make me wonder, what is the average uses per day from others that are snuff fans... Anyone?

I try to keep it under control, I could take a pinch every 10 minutes but i prefer to use snuff in moderation and some days it will be every few hours and others i don't have any at all. If I'm having a stressful day then it gets abused slightly... slightly haha! It makes me much more pleasant when I'm tired and grumpy.

I picked up a 7g tap style box of Ozona President, and a 5g tin of Silver Dollar Apricot (which I think is the same product as the Toque Apricot, just repackaged for the US).

What a difference from the American Snuff Co. product. This stuff is moist and darker looking. Opening the tin of the Silver Dollar, you can already detect the apricot. Both of them are super mellow and easy to use. Where the American Co. stuff has some burn to it, these two don't really do that.

The Ozona is pretty much straight out mentholated. That is all I get from it, really, but I like that. I can't say I even get much tobacco base or anything. I can't say I like the tap box, since I've gotten to like actual pinching versus taking the shot off the webbing of my thumb and forefinger, and that box design makes that a bit harder to do.

Silver Dollar Apricot... very nice apricot fruity sensation, pretty sure I'm getting just the slightest touch of menthol in it, and it really lasts. Where I would get 2-5 minutes from the AmCo Peach Sweet Snuff, I am still getting hints of the apricot 15 or 20 minutes later. I'm not completely hooked on Apricot, but I would say I'm hooked on snuff and looking forward even more so now to my order getting here, and trying out even more brands and flavors.

I picked up a 7g tap style box of Ozona President, and a 5g tin of Silver Dollar Apricot (which I think is the same product as the Toque Apricot, just repackaged for the US).

What a difference from the American Snuff Co. product. This stuff is moist and darker looking. Opening the tin of the Silver Dollar, you can already detect the apricot. Both of them are super mellow and easy to use. Where the American Co. stuff has some burn to it, these two don't really do that.

The Ozona is pretty much straight out mentholated. That is all I get from it, really, but I like that. I can't say I even get much tobacco base or anything. I can't say I like the tap box, since I've gotten to like actual pinching versus taking the shot off the webbing of my thumb and forefinger, and that box design makes that a bit harder to do.

Silver Dollar Apricot... very nice apricot fruity sensation, pretty sure I'm getting just the slightest touch of menthol in it, and it really lasts. Where I would get 2-5 minutes from the AmCo Peach Sweet Snuff, I am still getting hints of the apricot 15 or 20 minutes later. I'm not completely hooked on Apricot, but I would say I'm hooked on snuff and looking forward even more so now to my order getting here, and trying out even more brands and flavors.

Were you able to find the Ozona locally? Glad to hear that you're liking them. Gives me hope for the tin of Viking Brown that I'm waiting to open.

Were you able to find the Ozona locally? Glad to hear that you're liking them. Gives me hope for the tin of Viking Brown that I'm waiting to open.

Yeah, there's a shop in the city here that originally started out as more of a glass pipe and water pipe type place (I'm sure you know what I mean), but then like 10 or 12 years ago just expanded into a full blown everything shop. Large wall humidors of cigars, a wall of huge airtight jars of bulk pipe tobaccos, a lot of pipes ranging from basket pipes to $400 block meers and high end briars, snus, snuff, cigs, and so on... They even have ecig stuff now, as well as wait... shaving things? Yep, there's a small case with some wet shaving items, even. Nothing spectacular there, but hey... it's something if I ever desperately need a bottle of Clubman Special Reserve, I know where to get my hands on one.

The snuff selection was pretty nice... several Ozona varieties, Silver Dollar, the American Snuff Co. offereings, I saw some SG stuff, Toque, and a few brands I didn't recognize right off.

Yeah, there's a shop in the city here that originally started out as more of a glass pipe and water pipe type place (I'm sure you know what I mean), but then like 10 or 12 years ago just expanded into a full blown everything shop. Large wall humidors of cigars, a wall of huge airtight jars of bulk pipe tobaccos, a lot of pipes ranging from basket pipes to $400 block meers and high end briars, snus, snuff, cigs, and so on... They even have ecig stuff now, as well as wait... shaving things? Yep, there's a small case with some wet shaving items, even. Nothing spectacular there, but hey... it's something if I ever desperately need a bottle of Clubman Special Reserve, I know where to get my hands on one.

The snuff selection was pretty nice... several Ozona varieties, Silver Dollar, the American Snuff Co. offereings, I saw some SG stuff, Toque, and a few brands I didn't recognize right off.

Wow! Surprising that a shop that a head shop would turn into something actually useful like that!

Wow! Surprising that a shop that a head shop would turn into something actually useful like that!

Basically from what I could tell, the head shop type business just hit too much competition, so they had to do something to set themselves above and apart. I'm very glad they did, as well as glad they are only like a 15-20 minute drive away. lol

Sliver Dollar Raspberry is available to me locally. I like it.

If that is like the other Silver Dollar stuff, and just re-branded Toque, then I'll get to try it soon. I have a 25g tin of the Toque Raspberry in the order I placed last Friday.

Top Bottom